Netflix is a built-in application on most LG Smart TVs. If you uninstall the Netflix app on the LG TV, don’t worry. You can reinstall the Netflix app from the LG Content Store if your LG Smart TV runs with webOS 1.0 and above.
If your LG TV is incompatible with Netflix, visit its official website using a built-in web browser and stream the content. Besides that, you can wirelessly stream Netflix on your Smart TV using the cast feature.
This article illustrates how to stream Netflix on your webOS TV in many ways.
How to Install Netflix on LG TV from LG Content Store
1. Turn on your LG TV and connect it to a WiFi network.
2. Select the LG Content Store option on the Home screen.
3. Tap the search icon and locate the Netflix app.
4. In the search result, select the Netflix app and click the Install button.
How to Activate Netflix on LG Smart TV
1. Open the Netflix application on your Smart TV.
2. Tap Sign in to get an activation code on your TV.
Tip: If you don’t have an account, tap Sign Up to create a new account.
3. Go to the Netflix activation website (netflix.com/tv8) on a smartphone or PC web browser.
5. Enter the Activation code on the relevant field to proceed.
6. If prompted, Sign in with your Netflix account.
Once verified, the Netflix content will load on your TV.
Note: Those with multiple accounts should log out of Netflix on LG Smart TV. Otherwise, you can’t sign in with a new account.
How to Stream Netflix on LG TV Using a Web Browser
1. Turn on your LG TV using the LG Magic Remote.
2. Connect your LG Smart TV to a WiFi or wired connection.
3. Press the Home key on the remote to view the list of apps.
4. Open the web browser and go to the Netflix website (netflix.com).
5. Sign in to the Netflix account or Sign up for a new account.
6. Once logged in, select a title and stream on your LG Smart TV.
How to Cast Netflix on LG TV from Android
1. Connect your LG TV and Android device to the same WiFi.
2. Get the Netflix application on your Android from the Play Store.
3. Sign in with your Netflix account on your Android phone.
4. Select the Cast icon on the home screen to scan for available devices.
5. Select your LG Smart TV from the device list.
6. Play any content and start casting Netflix on your TV.
How to Screen Mirror Netflix to LG Smart TV
Before you begin, you should enable AirPlay on LG TV.
1. Connect your iPhone and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Press the Home key and select the Home Dashboard option.
3. In the dashboard section, select AirPlay.
4. Under AirPlay settings, select the AirPlay option and turn on the AirPlay feature on your TV.
5. Install the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
6. Open the Netflix app and log in with your Netflix credentials.
7. Start playing any content on your Netflix.
8. On your iPhone, open the Control Center and tap Screen Mirroring.
9. Select your LG Smart TV from the available device and enter the passcode (displayed on your TV) on your phone.
10. After entering the code, you can AirPlay Netflix content on your TV.
How to Watch Netflix on LG TV Using Apple TV
If you have an LG non-smart TV, use a streaming device like Apple TV to make it into a Smart TV. To get Netflix on your Apple TV, ensure your device runs with tvOS 16.1 or later.
1. Turn on your LG TV and connect it to a WiFi network.
2. Connect the Apple TV to your LG Smart TV.
3. Install the Netflix app on your Apple TV from the App Store.
4. Sign in to your Netflix account or Sign up if you are a new subscriber.
5. Play any movie or show and watch on your LG Smart TV.
How to Get Alexa to Open Netflix on LG TV
The majority of LG Smart TVs support Alexa Voice Assistant. Using Alexa on LG Smart TV, open any installed apps, check the weather, change LG TV settings, play a video, and more.
Tap the Voice Assistant (Mic) button to open the Netflix app using Alexa. Say the command, Alexa, Open Netflix. Now, the Netflix app on your TV will be opened. Stream your favorite movies and series on a big screen.
How to Fix Netflix Not Working on LG TV
If the Netflix app is not working on your LG TV, here are some helpful workarounds to fix the issue.
- Check whether your TV is compatible with the Netflix app.
- Verify the internet connection and restart the WiFi router.
- Force close the app on LG TV to fix unknown glitches.
- If the Netflix server is down, wait until it gets sorted.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app.
- Restart LG TV to fix issues like app freezing.
- Accept the user agreements in settings.
- Update the LG Smart TV and the app to the latest version.
- Connect your LG TV to wired internet if the WiFi is unstable.
- Set your existing location on an LG Smart TV.
- Turn off IPv6 on LG TV to fix the issue.
- Reset the LG Smart TV to its factory settings.
How to Sign Out of Netflix Account on LG TV
1. Open the Netflix application on your TV.
2. Now, press the Left navigation button on the remote to open the menu.
3. Navigate to the Get Help option on the screen. (If you don’t see the Get Help button, then select the Settings icon).
4. Following that, tap the Sign out option.
5. Click Yes for confirmation.
Netflix Subscription Plans
Since there is no free trial, you need to subscribe to any of these plans.
|Standard with ads||$6.99/month|
If the Netflix app has been deleted from your TV, you can reinstall it from the LG Content Store.
If the Netflix app gets stuck while loading content, you must restart your TV.
Yes. Use the cast feature to stream Netflix on an LG TV. You can also control the volume and toggle subtitles on/off using your phone.
It is because of a poor internet connection. Restart the WiFi router to fix the issue.