HBO Max has been reformed as Max featuring more content on reality, food, lifestyle, true crime, food, etc. The HBO Max app is compatible with LG TV models (2017 and above) so you can install the app from the LG Content Store. With this app, you can watch Succession, The Wire, The Last of Us, Harry Potter, DC Universe, and much more.
If you have an older LG TV model, visit the Max website on a web browser to stream your favorite content. Also, you can Cast or AirPlay Max from your smartphone and screen share from Windows. Moreover, you can use streaming devices to install and watch Max on your LG Smart TV.
How to Watch HBO Max on LG Smart TV
The following are the ways to watch HBO Max on a webOS-powered Smart TV.
How to Install HBO Max on LG Smart TV
1. Turn on your LG TV and connect it to a WiFi network.
2. Press the Home button on your LG TV remote.
3. Select the LG Content Store menu on the Home screen.
4. Select the Search icon on the top and search for the HBO Max app.
5. Choose Max from the search result.
6. Tap the Install button to get the app on your LG TV.
7. Once installed, you need to activate the app to stream HBO Max content.
How to Activate Max on LG Smart TV
1. Launch the HBO Max app on your Smart TV.
2. On the home page, tap Sign in.
3. You will get an Activation code on the TV screen.
4. On a phone browser, go to (https://auth.max.com/link).
5. Now, enter the code on the page opened.
6. Click Continue to complete the activation process.
7. Once activated, the app will refresh to load the Max content on your LG TV.
How to Stream Max on LG TV Using Web Browser
1. Turn on and connect your LG TV to a WiFi network.
2. Open the web browser on your LG TV and visit the Max official website.
3. Sign in with your account credentials.
Now you stream your favorite Max originals and movies on your LG Smart TV.
Alternative Ways to Stream HBO Max on LG Smart TV
Here are some other possible ways to stream Max on your LG Smart TV.
How to Cast HBO Max on LG TV from Android
1. Connect your Android Smartphone and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the HBO Max app on your Android device from the Play Store.
3. Launch the app and Sign in to your account.
4. Swipe up/down your Android device screen to open the Notification panel.
5. Tap on the Cast option from the list.
6. Select your LG Smart TV from the list of available devices.
7. Once paired, your Android device will be mirrored on your TV.
Play the Max content on your Android device and stream it on your TV.
How to AirPlay HBO Max on LG Smart TV
1. On the home screen of the TV, select the Home Dashboard Menu.
2. Select the AirPlay option.
3. Now, choose the AirPlay feature and turn it on.
4. Once you have enabled AirPlay on your LG Smart TV, connect your TV and iPhone to the same WiFi network.
5. Install the Max app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
6. Open the Max app and log in with your account.
7. Select any content and click the AirPlay icon on the playback screen.
8. Select your LG Smart TV name to play HBO Max videos on your TV.
How to Screen Share HBO Max on LG TV from Windows
Before you begin, connect your LG TV and Windows to the same WiFi network.
1. Turn on your Windows and go to Settings > System > Display.
2. Scroll down to choose Multiple Displays and tap Connect to a Wireless Display.
3. Choose your LG Smart TV from the list of available devices.
4. Click on Accept on your LG Smart TV to allow the request.
5. Once connected, your PC screen will be mirrored to your LG TV.
6. Further, visit the Max website on Google Chrome.
Stream your favorite movies and shows on your LG TV.
How to Stream HBO Max on LG TV Using Streaming Devices
Optionally you can stream HBO Max on your LG Smart TV using any of the following HBO Max-compatible streaming devices.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- Android TV
1. Power on your LG TV and plug in your Streaming device.
2. Connect your streaming device-connected LG TV to a WiFi network.
3. Install the Max app on your streaming device.
4. Launch the app and tap Sign in to get an activation code.
5. Open the web browser on a smartphone or PC and visit the URL (https://auth.max.com/link). Enter the code displayed on your TV.
6. Click Continue to complete the process.
Now, watch all the Max content on your LG Smart TV.
Max Subscription Plans
Though Max does not offer you a free trial, choose its minimal monthly plan to have a taste of its service.
|Ultimate Ad Free||4||4K UHD||$19.99/month|
HBO Max Not Working on LG Smart TV [Fixes]
To fix HBO Max not working on your LG TV, troubleshoot the cause by particularly analyzing the reason.
- Check whether your LG TV is compatible to install or stream HBO Max.
- Ensure that HBO Max is available in your region. If not enable a VPN to change the server location.
- Check your network connection. If it is unstable, connect your TV to stable WiFi or restart your router.
- Force close the app on your LG TV and relaunch it again to check if it works.
- Uninstall and reinstall the HBO Max app on your LG TV.
- f the HBO Max app crashes often, restart your LG Smart TV to fix the issue.
- Due to outdated firmware, the app may not work. So, you should update your LG Smart TV to the latest version.
Yes, Prime Video has recently added HBO Max to its subscription. Max on Prime Video costs $15.99/month after a 7-day free trial.
Starting from May 23, 2023, HBO Max has been revamped as Max, but the content remains the same. It has new content on reality, lifestyle, food, etc.