The discovery+ app is available on the LG Content Store for LG Smart TVs running webOS 4.0 and above. With the Discovery Plus app on LG TV, you can stream TV shows related to food, home, relationships, crime, paranormal, etc.
If you have older LG TV models, visit the Discovery+ website on your TV browser to stream your favorite TV shows. The discovery+ app supports Chromecast and AirPlay. So, you can wirelessly stream TV shows on LG TV using the mobile app.
You can also watch discovery+ on LG TV by connecting streaming devices like Roku, Firestick, and Apple TV.
This article describes all the easy ways to stream discovery+ on an LG Smart TV.
How to Get Discovery Plus on LG TV from LG Content Store
1. Turn on your LG TV and launch the LG Content Store.
2. Hit Search and search for Discovery Plus.
3. Choose the discovery+ app and click the Install button.
4. After installing the application, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate Discovery Plus on LG Smart TV
1. Open the discovery+ app and click Sign In.
2. You will get a 6-digit activation code on the TV screen. Please take a note of it.
3. Visit the Discovery Plus activation website (https://discoveryplus.com/lge) on your mobile or PC browser.
4. Sign in with your discovery+ account credentials. Click Sign Up and follow the on-screen guidelines.
5. Once logged in, enter the 6-digit code to activate your device.
6. If your account is validated, you can stream discovery+ on your LG TV.
How to Stream Discovery Plus on LG Smart TV Using Web Browser
You can also stream discovery+ using a web browser if your TV is incompatible with the app. All the LG TVs running webOS will have a built-in web browser.
1. Turn on and connect your LG Smart TV to WiFi.
2. Open a web browser on your LG Smart TV.
3. Go to the Discovery Plus website (discoveryplus.com) and click the Sign In button.
4. Sign in with your Discovery+ account.
5. From the library, choose any TV show and watch it on your LG TV.
How to Cast Discovery Plus to LG TV from Android
If your LG TV doesn’t have Chromecast built-in, connect a Chromecast to your LG TV before getting into the steps. Ensure that your LG TV and phone are connected to the same WiFi to cast your Android screen to an LG TV.
1. Install Discovery Plus on your phone from the Play Store.
2. Open the Discovery Plus app and enter the required details.
3. Click Cast at the top of the screen.
4. From the list of devices, pick your LG Smart TV name.
5. Play any video content from the Discovery Plus app. It will start to stream on your LG Smart TV.
How to AirPlay Discovery Plus to LG TV from iPhone
AirPlay is available on 2018 and above LG TV models running webOS 4.0 or up. If your LG TV is one such model, enable AirPlay on the LG Smart TV.
1. Connect your iPhone and LG Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Discovery Plus app from the App Store on your iPhone.
3. Open the discovery+ app and sign in with your account.
4. Play the content of your wish and click the AirPlay icon on the video player.
5. Select your LG Smart TV from the list of available devices.
6. If prompted, enter the AirPlay code on your TV.
Once connected, you can stream Discovery Plus content on your TV.
How to Watch Discovery Plus on LG TV Using Streaming Device
The discovery+ app is compatible with Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV. So, plug in a streaming device to access discovery+ on an LG TV.
I have explained how to watch Discovery Plus on LG TV using Roku.
1. Connect Roku to the LG TV and ensure strong internet access.
2. Change the input on the LG Smart TV using the LG Magic remote. Make sure Roku is selected.
3. Go to the Roku Channel Store on a Roku-connected LG TV. Search for discovery+, and tap Add channel.
4. After the installation, open the discovery+ app and activate your account.
Enjoy watching discovery+ TV shows and documentaries on your LG TV.
Discovery Plus Subscription Plans
Discovery Plus offers two types of subscriptions. These two plans offer a 7-day free trial for new users.
- $4.99 per month (with ads)
- $6.99 per month (no ads)
Yes. You can get Discovery Plus on Hulu as an add-on.
You can stream Discovery Plus on four devices using a single subscription account.