Is the Blue Light on your LG TV screen make you discomfort? Don’t worry. Fortunately, LG TV has a built-in feature that lets you filter out the blue light in the pictures. If you have LG TV models like 4K UHD, 8K LED, OLED, and Nano Cell, adjusting the LG TV brightness will help to reduce the blue light. If it doesn’t work, you can use these methods to reduce the blue light emission on LG TVs.
Benefits of Blue Light Filter on LG TV
If you are at consistent exposure to blue light on LG TV, it may cause different types of health issues. By filtering the blue light, you will be able to get the following benefits in your day-to-day life.
- Improves sleep quality and duration
- Reduces eye strain and its related diseases
- Prevent migraines and headaches
- Get an improvised viewing experience
- It lets you spend more time on the LG TV screen
How to Reduce Blue Light on LG Smart TV
1. Switch on your LG TV and go to the Home screen using the remote.
2. Click on the Settings icon and navigate to All Settings.
3. Go to the Picture tab and select Advanced Settings.
4. On the next menu, turn on the Reduce Blue Light.
How to Filter Blue Light on LG Smart TV
The following are the methods to fix the blue light issue on your LG TV.
Turn On Eye Comfort Mode to Filter Blue Light on LG TV
1. Turn on your LG TV and grab the LG TV remote control.
2. Press the Settings button aiming at your LG TV sensor.
3. Navigate to All Settings and go to the Picture tab.
4. From the pictures menu, select the Additional Settings option.
5. Now enable the Eye Comfort Mode on your LG TV.
Adjust Color Temperature to Filter Blue Light on LG TV
1. Press the Home button on your LG TV remote to launch the home screen.
2. Click on the Settings icon at the top right corner of the page.
3. Select All Settings and go to the Picture tab to open the picture menu.
4. From the menu, open Picture Settings and select Color Temperature.
5. Reduce the temperature in order to filter out the Blue light.
Note: If LG TV has sound but no picture, it may be caused due to defective HDMI port. Connect the HDMI cable to a different port and check if it works.
Change Picture Mode to Filter Blue Light on LG TV
1. Open the main menu on your LG TV and go to All Settings.
2. Click on the Pictures tab and select Picture Mode Settings.
3. Open the Picture Mode and select Cinema or Cinema Home.
How to Fix Blue Tint on LG TV
Apart from blue light, sometimes you may encounter problems like blue or green tint on LG TV. In such scenarios, you can fix the issue with these useful methods.
- Check the cable connection on your LG TV with the power socket.
- Try using a different HDMI cable to connect your device.
- Make sure that your LG TV is receiving a proper power supply.
- Adjust the color temperature and the brightness on LG TV.
- Update the LG TV firmware to the latest version.
- Reset your LG TV to its initial settings and fix the incorrect settings.
- Seek help from a technician if the issue is with the backlight or hardware.
To adjust brightness on LG TV, go to Settings > All Settings > Picture > Picture Mode > Adjust the brightness.
Go to Picture settings, and modify the color temperature, contrast, and brightness to ensure that there is no blue tint.
If the blue screen appears on LG TV due to a defective LED backlight strip, repairing would cost around $100 to $125.