You may have more unused applications on your LG TV, and you barely use them. These apps do not perform any functions but fill up your TV’s storage and drain the battery. It is possible to delete apps on your LG Smart TV. If you cannot delete any applications, your TV might bring you lagging issues, or it fails to load faster. To better deal with this issue, you shall delete the apps on LG smart TV.
How to Delete Apps on LG Smart TV
LG TV has two different OS. The steps to uninstall the applications vary between each OS.
How to Delete Apps on LG WebOS Smart TV
1. Turn on your LG TV and press the home button on your LG TV remote.
2. Go to the Apps section and hover your remote cursor toward the right until you see the last app, or use the navigation keys on your remote.
3. Select the Pencil icon to open the Edit App List.
4. Press the OK button and enter Edit Mode.
5. Select the application you need to delete on your LG smart TV.
6. Click the Delete icon at the top of the app that you have selected.
7. Tap Yes on the on-screen prompt to delete the app from your LG smart TV.
8. You have successfully uninstalled the app on your LG smart TV.
9. Click the Close button to exit the Edit mode on your LG TV.
That’s how to uninstall apps on LG webOS smart TV.
Note: How to Enable Eye Comfort Mode on LG TV
How to Delete Apps on Older LG Smart TV [NetCast OS]
1. Turn on your LG NetCast OS TV and connect your TV with a strong internet connection.
2. Navigate to the home screen of your LG TV by clicking the home button on your LG TV remote.
3. Select the My Apps section on the homepage of your LG smart TV.
4. Highlight and open the LG TV Smart World option.
5. Click the My Apps option from the top right corner.
6. Choose the Pencil icon on the next page to enter Edit mode on LG TV.
7. Select the application you need to remove from your TV.
8. Once you have selected the application, click the OK button on your remote.
9. Choose the Delete option from the popup menu.
10. Select the OK button from the on-screen prompt to delete the app from your LG TV.
11. You have successfully uninstalled the app on your LG NetCast TV.
Possible Reasons to Delete Apps on LG Smart TV
Besides the unused apps taking up the storage, there are other reasons for LG TV users to remove or uninstall the app.
- The user might have found a better alternative app.
- The app might be functioning slowly or buffering.
- You need to improve the performance of the device.
- A temporary bug or glitch that cannot be fixed even after updating the LG TV firmware or the app.
- The app update on LG TV might have failed.
- The latest version of the app may not be compatible with the current TV version.
Try the Alternative Trick
We recommend using the AirPlay or Screen mirroring feature of the LG TV to watch your favorite content from the desired streaming service. It will eliminate the need to uninstall an app on the LG TV, saving the LG TV storage.
Frequently Asked Question
Follow the steps in the above section, and you are done deleting the premium apps on LG TV.
Press the Q menu on your remote → Select the Screen Remote (Clock shaped icon) → Select the Recorded TV option → Tap the Delete or Protection button → Select the program that you wish to delete → Click the Delete button to delete the recorded program from your LG smart TV.
Leave a Comment