My LG Smart TV has started acting sluggish once upon a time. Then, I found unused applications on my LG Smart TV, which took up a lot of storage space. Since I didn’t know how to delete the apps on the LG Smart TV, I surfed the internet to learn the procedure. Thankfully, the LG Support website gave me a clear walkthrough on how to delete the apps on LG TV for all models.
In this article, I will teach you the steps to uninstall the apps on LG Smart TV.
How to Delete Apps on LG Smart TV
Follow these steps to uninstall the apps on an LG Smart TV (2022 and above) running webOS 22 or up.
1. Turn on your LG TV and press the Home key on your LG TV remote.
2. Go to the Apps section and hover your remote cursor toward the right until you see the last app.
Note: Optionally, select the app and keep hold of it for 3 seconds to enter the Edit App List.
3. After selecting an app, it will display the trash bin icon above the app icon.
4. Click the Trash icon, and it will prompt a dialog box.
5. Select the Yes option to delete the app.
Note: You can visit the LG Content Store to install apps on the LG Smart TV.
How to Uninstall Apps on LG Smart TV
Follow these guidelines to uninstall apps on LG Smart TV running webOS 5.0.
1. Go to the home screen on the LG TV by pressing the Home key on the remote.
2. Select the app and keep hold of it for 3 seconds. Now, you will see the X mark above the app icon.
3. Click the X mark above the app icon.
4. It will prompt a dialog box asking to confirm the deletion.
5. Click Yes to delete the app on an LG Smart TV.
How to Delete Apps on Older LG Smart TV [NetCast]
1. Turn on your LG NetCast OS TV and connect your TV to a strong internet connection.
2. Head to the home screen by pressing the Home key on the LG TV remote.
3. Select the My Apps section on the homepage of your LG smart TV.
4. Highlight and open the LG TV Smart World option.
5. Click the My Apps option from the top right corner.
6. Choose the Pencil icon on the next page to enter Edit mode on LG TV.
7. Select the application you need to remove from your TV.
8. Once you have selected the application, click the OK button on the remote.
9. Choose the Delete option from the popup menu.
10. Select the OK button to delete the application from an LG TV.
You have successfully uninstalled the app on your LG NetCast TV.
Note: If you don’t wish to uninstall an app, clear the cache on LG Smart TV to freeup storage space.
Reasons to Delete Apps on LG TV
- The user might have found a better alternative app.
- The app might be functioning slowly or buffering.
- To clean up the dashboard on your LG Smart TV.
- If you fail to update an app on an LG Smart TV.
- The performance of the app is unsatisfactory.
- If the LG TV keeps crashing for an unknown reason.
Frequently Asked Questions
Follow the above procedure to delete the premium apps on an LG TV.
Yes. Use the LG TV remote app to uninstall apps on an LG Smart TV.
Open LG Content Store → Click Apps → Tap Search → Select the desired app → Click Install.