The gaming experience would be great if you play it on big-screen TVs like LG Smart TVs. Like you connect PS5 to LG Smart TV, you can easily connect any Xbox device such as One, 360, X, and S series to your TV. For flawless gameplay, we suggest you adjust the HDR on Xbox settings. Go through the below-mentioned instructions to connect your Xbox console to LG Smart TV hassle-free.
Things to Know Before Connecting Xbox to LG TV
- It is quintessential to enable the game mode on LG TV before you play.
- Keep the updated firmware on your Xbox to avoid lagging issues.
- Use the Ultra High-Speed HDMI cable or the cable that comes with your Xbox to connect the console to your LG Smart TV.
- Connect your LG TV to WiFi that has an average download speed of 3 Mbps.
- Ensure that you are connecting the cable to LG TV’s HDMI 2.1 port, which is capable of delivering 4K at 60Hz-120Hz and 1080p at 120Hz.
- If your LG TV supports VRR, enable the VRR on Xbox to reduce screen tearing.
How to Connect Xbox to LG Smart TV
1. Grab the power cable and connect it to your Xbox console’s power port and outlet.
2. Now using the HDMI Cable, connect your LG TV and Xbox through the Xbox’s HDMI Out port and LG TV’s HDMI In port.
3. Switch on your LG TV and launch the home screen by pressing the home button on the TV remote.
4. Then navigate to the Input icon at the top right corner and click on it.
5. Select the Input source you’ve used to connect your Xbox and activate it.
How to Connect Xbox Controller to the Xbox Console
1. Turn on your Xbox-connected LG TV and grab your Xbox controller.
2. Insert the AA batteries or rechargeable batteries and turn on the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button.
Tip: If the Xbox button light flashes and stays idle, it has been turned on.
3. On the console, press the Pair button once and hold down the Pair button on the controller.
4. Once the controller is paired with the console, the controller’s Xbox button will stay on.
Note: If you are interested in cloud gaming, you can play Xbox games by installing GeForce NOW on LG Smart TV.
How to Enable HDR on Xbox-Connected LG TV
1. Once you activate the Xbox on your LG TV, press the Xbox button on your controller.
2. Navigate to the Settings menu and select the Display & Sound option.
3. Then choose the Video Output and enable auto-detect on the Video Fidelity & Overscan.
4. Now go back to the Display & Sound tab and choose the Video Modes.
5. Check in the Allow 4K and Allow HDR boxes and the HDR is enabled on your Xbox.
Note: For additional support or Xbox-related queries, you can contact Xbox customer service.
Press the Xbox button on the controller > Profile & System > Settings > General > Network Settings > Set up Wireless Network > Select the Network.
Connect the Xbox-connected HDMI cable to a different HDMI port on LG TV and check if it works or not.
> Connect your Xbox console to LG TV using an HDMI cable tight and secure.
> Update your LG TV and Xbox firmware.
> Disable the HDMI CEC option on Xbox settings.
> Connect Xbox to a strong WiFi network.
> Restart Xbox to clear the technical glitches causing an interruption.