Keeping a universal remote for LG Smart TV is versatile so you can control the set-top box, soundbar, as well as your TV with a single remote. With a universal remote, you can able to access the TV menu, adjust the volume, and change TV channels. You can connect a universal remote to your LG TV with or without remote codes through the following guidelines.
How to Program Universal Remote to LG TV [Using Codes]
1. Switch on your LG Smart TV and press the TV or Setup button on your universal remote.
2. The light will flash on your universal remote and enter into the learning mode.
3. Now enter a universal remote code for the LG TV and the light will stop blinking if the code is found valid.
4. After that check whether the universal remote is working with your LG TV by pressing the Power button.
5. If the remote is not working properly, repeat the process again and try a different code until the remote works.
How to Program Universal Remote to LG TV [Without Codes]
Can’t able to find the code for your universal remote? Don’t worry. You can use the below auto code search method to connect your universal remote.
1. Turn on your LG TV without a remote using the physical power button. Press and hold the Device button until the power light starts blinking.
2. Press Channel+ or Channel- button on your universal remote once.
3. Then press the Up or Down button continuously until your LG TV turns off automatically.
4. Press the 9-9-1 keys in sequence once you point the remote at the TV sensor.
5. If your TV gets turned off, save the code by pressing the Device button once.
6. The light will blink twice on your remote if the pairing is completed.
Now you can start using a universal remote to control your LG TV.
How to Setup Universal Control on LG Magic Remote
If required, you can set up LG Magic Remote as a universal remote for your LG TV. Then you can control another device that is already connected to your LG TV.
1. Switch on your LG Smart TV and press the Input on your Magic remote.
2. Navigate to the Set Up option from the drop-down menu.
3. Then select the device that you want to connect with your LG TV.
4. Now connect your device using the LG TV HDMI Port.
5. Select the port to which you’ve connected your device and click the Next button.
6. After that provide the necessary information about the connected device including the Manufacturer and click Next.
7. Now you need to check your Magic remote with the device by clicking the buttons on your TV screen.
8. If Remote Type 1 is not working, change it to Remote Type 2 and test whether the functions are working properly.
Once done, you can start using the LG Magic Remote as a universal remote.
Note: No remote codes are necessary for pairing an LG Magic Remote with your LG Smart TV.
How to Fix Universal Remote Not Pairing with LG TV
If you can’t pair the Universal Remote with your LG TV, use the below troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue.
- Check if the issue is with the batteries on your universal remote. If the batteries are discharged, insert new batteries and try again.
- Make sure that there is no obstruction between the remote and LG TV.
- Use different remote codes until the remote finds the correct one.
- Turn off your LG TV and let it cool down for a few minutes and switch on it back. Now try to pair your universal remote and see if it works.
- Check if the remote’s hardware is defective due to physical damage. If so, it could be the reason for the remote not pairing with your LG TV.
- Update your LG Smart TV Firmware to the latest firmware to fix the issue.
To connect Universal Remote to LG TV, Switch on LG TV → Setup → Enter 9-9-1 → Click Power button → Channel Up.
Check the user manual to know whether the universal remote is compatible with your LG TV.