After a long research, I bought the Samsung HW-Q990B Soundbar for my LG Smart TV. Though there are numerous ways to connect a Samsung Soundbar to an LG TV, I couldn’t finish the setup by reading the user manual. Thankfully, the LG Support website helped me connect the Samsung Soundbar to my Smart TV without difficulties.
In this article, I have explained all the procedures to set up a Samsung Soundbar on an LG Smart TV.
- You can pair a Samsung Soundbar to a TV via Bluetooth only if the TV runs with webOS 3.5 or later. Ensure you update the LG TV firmware to the latest version.
- Need an HDMI or AUX (Coaxial) cable to connect a Soundbar through a wired connection.
- A digital optical cable if you have one.
How to Connect Samsung Soundbar to LG TV Using HDMI
1. Connect the Samsung Soundbar to your Smart TV using an HDMI cable.
2. Grab the Soundbar remote, press the Input button, and switch it to E-ARC or ARC mode.
3. Go to Settings on your LG TV and select Sound → Sound Out.
4. Select Use Wired Speaker and choose HDMI (ARC) Device.
Note: For webOS 5.0 or earlier models, go to Settings → All Settings → Sound → Sound Out → HDMI (ARC).
How to Connect Samsung Soundbar to LG TV Using Bluetooth
1. Turn on your LG TV and enable Bluetooth on your Samsung Soundbar.
2. Go to Settings on the LG TV and choose the Sound tab from the left pane.
3. Navigate to the Sound Out option and select it.
4. Scroll down and choose the Use Wireless Speaker option.
5. Select the Bluetooth Device option.
6. Select your Samsung Soundbar from the devices list.
For older LG Smart TVs, go to Settings > Sound > Sound Out > Bluetooth. Choose a Samsung Soundbar to pair with your LG TV.
Note: Like soundbars, you can connect Bluetooth headphones to an LG TV.
How to Connect Samsung Soundbar to LG Smart TV Using Optical Cable
1. Connect the Optical IN to the Soundbar and the Optical OUT to the LG TV.
2. Grab the Soundbar remote, press the F or Input button, and choose Optical Input.
3. Switch on the LG TV and navigate to Settings using the remote.
4. Select All Settings → Sound → Sound Out.
5. Choose Use Wired Speaker and select Optical Out Device.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your LG TV supports Bluetooth, you can connect a Soundbar to your TV wirelessly.
It may be due to interference, the device not being in a BT range, compatibility problems, or the pairing mode being disabled.
Follow these steps to fix the issue.
> Disconnect the unused HDMI devices from your TV.
> Switch on the LG TV as well as the soundbar.
> Connect the soundbar to the HDMI eARC port on LG TV.
> Go to Sound settings on LG TV and choose the input as HDMI ARC.