Does PS5 work with LG TV? Definitely, Yes. Setting up your PS5 gaming console using the HDMI cable with your LG TV is a straightforward process. But before you connect PS5 to LG TV, ensure that your TV supports HDMI 2.1 connection. So that, you will get a higher resolution possible on LG TV while playing a game.
- Ensure that LG Smart TV is 2K or 4K HDR supported to play HDR10 format without any lagging.
- Use PowerA HDMI Cable (HDMI 2.1) for high-speed gaming performance.
- You can enable Game Mode on LG TV for better stability.
- Update your PS5 firmware to the latest version.
- Connect your LG Smart to a WiFi network. It requires a minimum download speed of 5 Mbps.
How to Connect PS5 to LG Smart TV
1. Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI Out port of PS5.
2. Then, connect the other end to your LG TV’s HDMI 2.1 In port.
3. Now grab the power cable and connect it to the AC IN connector of PS5.
4. After that, plug the power cable into the power cord and switch on your LG TV.
5. Press the Home button on your LG TV remote and click on the Input icon.
6. From the list of inputs, select the PS5-connected input source on LG TV.
How to Connect PS5-Connected LG TV to a WiFi Network
1. Turn on your PS5-connected LG TV and launch the Settings on your PlayStation 5.
2. Open the Network option and select Settings from the menu.
3. Click on Set Up Internet Connection and choose a desired WiFi network.
Note: Make sure to test your internet speed on LG TV to avoid interruptions while playing a game.
How to Turn On HDR Settings on PS5
Since PS5 supports HDR video you can enable it by following the below steps.
1. Once connected your PS5 to your LG TV, navigate to the Settings menu.
2. Go to the Screen and Video option and choose Video Output Settings.
3. Now set Automatic for the HDR and Deep Colour Output settings.
4. Then select Adjust HDR and follow the on-screen prompt.
Fixes for PS5 Not Working on LG Smart TV
If you ever find issues while using the PlayStation 5 on your LG TV, follow the below troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue.
- Update your PS5 software and restart your LG Smart TV.
- Try using a premium HDMI cable to connect your PS5 to LG TV.
- Select the correct Input on your LG TV to get access.
- Update your LG TV firmware to its recent version.
- Factory reset LG TV to restore all default settings.
If you are still facing issues connecting the PS5 to LG TV, contact PlayStation support to get assistance.
Yes, all HDMI cables are supported to connect the PS5 to LG TV. But it is recommended to use branded cables like PowerA.
Go to Settings on PS5 > Accessories > Bluetooth Accessories > Select your device.