Since the LG Smart TVs that run on webOS version 4.0 or later are compatible with AirPlay, you can easily connect the Mac device to it. With the help of that, you can easily watch your favourite movie or TV show on the LG TV directly from your Mac device. If you have any issues with the built-in AirPlay feature, you can access the third-party screen mirroring apps. Instead of the AirPlay feature, you can also rely on an HDMI cable to connect a Mac to your LG TV.
How to Connect (Screen Mirror) Mac to LG Smart TV Wirelessly
Before connecting your Mac to the TV, you need to enable the AirPlay feature on LG TV.
1. Go to the home screen of your LG TV.
2. Select the AirPlay tile from the Home Dashboard.
3. Choose Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings and select the AirPlay option to turn it on.
After you enable the AirPlay feature on your LG TV, you can easily AirPlay the required content. However, the steps will vary depending on the macOS version.
- Screen Mirror Mac running on macOS 12 or later
- Screen Mirror Mac running on macOS 10.14 – 11
Screen Mirror Mac Running on macOS 12 or later
1. Ensure to connect your TV and Mac to the same wifi network.
2. Hit the Control Centre icon from the top right corner of your home screen.
3. Locate and hit the Screen Mirroring or AirPlay Display icon.
4. From the available devices list, click on your LG Smart TV’s name.
5. Once the above process is done, your Mac’s display will appear on your LG TV.
With these steps above, you have successfully connected your Mac to LG Smart TV.
Screen Mirror Mac with OS Version 10.14-11
1. Make sure to connect your LG TV to a wifi network. On the other hand, connect the Mac to the same network.
2. Go to System Preference on your Mac and choose the Displays tile.
3. Tick the Checkmark that says Show Mirroring options in the menu bar when available.
4. Move to the home screen of your Mac and click the AirPlay icon.
5. Choose your LG Smart TVs name from the AirPlay To section.
6. Enter the AirPlay Passcode you see on your TV screen from the prompt on your Mac.
7. Finally, your Mac’s display will get mirrored to LG TV.
8. Play any of your favourite content on your Mac and watch them on your LG TV.
How to Connect Mac to LG Smart TV With HDMI
Purchase an HDMI cable from Amazon and follow the steps below to connect your Mac to the TV.
1. Get an HDMI cable and connect it to both ends of the LG Smart TV and Mac.
2. On your Mac, click the Apple icon from the upper left corner of the screen.
3. From the list of available options, choose System Preferences.
4. Choose Displays and select the Default option.
5. If you want to add sound, go to the System Preferences and add it.
6. Choose the correct TV screen and start to watch your favourite media content on your LG Smart TV.
How to Use Third-Party Apps to Connect Mac to LG TV
AirBeamTV is one of the best choice platforms to connect Mac to TV. You can use the AirBeamTV app to screen mirror Mac to LG TV.
1. Get the AirBeamTV app on your Mac from its official website.
2. Make sure to connect your Mac and TV to the same wifi network.
3. Launch AirBeamTV and follow the on-screen instructions to screen mirror Mac to LG TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You have the option to connect your Mac to LG TV using HDMI.
Yes. It is actually free to connect Mac to LG Smart TV.