Internet connection plays a major role in accessing the LG Smart TV. If the LG TV remote is not working or is damaged, you have to control the TV without the remote. There are two ways to connect your LG Smart TV to WiFi without using the kit remote.
How to Connect LG Smart TV to WiFi Without Remote Using Ethernet Cable
This is the easiest step among all the methods. Before that, grab a compatible ethernet cable for your LG Smart TV. Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the LAN port of the LG TV and the other end to the router. Now, your LG TV will detect the wired network connection automatically and the TV will be connected to the WiFi. If it is not happening, unplug the ethernet cable and plug it in again.
Use USB Mouse
If you have connected a USB mouse to your LG Smart TV, you can execute this step easily. The USB mouse is compatible with the LG TVs from 2012 models. For older models, this method is not applicable.
1. Press the Physical Power Button on the LG TV.
2. Now, connect the USB-powered mouse to the USB port of your LG Smart TV.
3. Once the mouse is detected, you will get a notification pop-up on the top right of the screen.
2. You can see three options on your LG TV screen.
3. Click on Input and select Live TV.
4. Next, choose Recommended from the right side of the screen.
5. You will receive a message that the Network is Disconnected.
6. Click on Yes and go to the Network Settings tab. You can also go to the Network Settings tab from the Quick Settings menu.
7. From the Network Settings page, click on WiFi Connection.
8. Now, your LG Smart TV will scan for available WiFi networks.
9. Choose the name of your WiFi connection.
10. Enter the password and connect to the WiFi network.
11. After a few seconds, your LG TV will be connected to the internet.
Can I Use LG ThinQ App to Connect LG TV
No, you can’t use the LG ThinQ app to connect your LG Smart TV to WiFi. To pair the LG ThinQ app and LG Smart TV, you need a common WiFi connection. Without a common WiFi, you can’t pair the remote app to your TV. After you connect your LG TV to WiFi using the mouse, you can use the LG ThinQ app to control your TV.
Using the ethernet cable or mouse to connect to WiFi is a temporary fix. You can’t use the mouse or the remote app to control the LG TV every time. You need to have the kit remote. If you have any performance issues with the remote or any specific key is not working, reset the remote. If the remote has any physical damage, you have to buy a new remote from the LG website or any retail store.
Leave a Comment