Are you confused about connecting an LG Soundbar to the TV? You have come to the right place. It is easy to connect LG Soundbar to the TV since connections can be made either wired or wireless. As LG Soundbar is compatible with most devices, you can connect it using (Bluetooth or WiFi) wirelessly.
For convenience, you can also use HDMI or optical cable to connect the LG Soundbar to the TV. Make sure to enable Sound Sync and Dolby Atmos on LG TV to get the cinematic experience while watching content.
How to Connect LG Soundbar to TV
You can connect the LG Soundbar to the TV with a few different methods that include
How to Connect LG Soundbar to TV Using Bluetooth
You can connect the Soundbar to your LG TV wirelessly and by a wired connection. If you want to make a wireless connection, you can use Bluetooth or a WIFI connection to connect with Soundbar.
1. Click on the Settings button on your LG TV and select All Settings.
2. Choose Connection followed by Device Connector from the settings menu.
3. Now, select Bluetooth/Soundbar option.
4. Select Bluetooth and click on Device Selection.
5. When the name of the LG Soundbar appears on the screen, tap on it.
6. The Soundbar will be connected to your TV and the sound output will be changed.
The Bluetooth connection will differ based on the TV models. You have to enable the Bluetooth feature and scan for BT devices.
How to Connect LG Soundbar to TV Using HDMI Cable
By connecting the soundbar to LG TV with HDMI ARC, you will able to experience high-quality audio. You can also use cables like Coaxial, or RCA cables to connect the Soundbar to your TV. The procedure remains the same for all wired connections but ports will vary.
1. Turn on the Soundbar by connecting the power cable.
2. Next, connect your TV and the Soundbar with the help of an HDMI cable or any cable you prefer.
3. Now, you can see a notification on your TV when you connect the Soundbar via a connecting cable.
4. Now, press the Settings button on your LG TV remote.
5. Click on the Sound Icon and choose Sound Out.
6. Select Use Wired Speakers and select the HDMI port or the wired option that you have used.
7. Your Soundbar is now connected to your LG TV.
Note: In a similar manner, you can connect Bose Soundbar to LG TV.
How to Connect LG Soundbar to TV Using Optical Cable
1. Connect one end of the optical to LG Soundbar and the other end to your TV.
2. Turn on your LG TV and go to the home screen.
3. Tap on the Settings menu and select the All Settings option.
4. Hit on the Sound option and choose Sound Out settings.
5. Then tap on Use Wired Speaker and pick the Optical Out Device option.
Now your LG Soundbar is connected to your TV.
LG Soundbar Not Connecting to TV [Fixes]
At times, you won’t be able to listen to the audio after connecting an LG Soundbar to the TV. In such cases, try these troubleshooting methods to fix it.
- Ensure that the TV and LG Soundbar are connected properly to the cable.
- Check the volume of the LG Soundbar and increase it based on your needs.
- Change the input on LG Smart TV and ensure that LG Sound Bar is chosen.
- Unpair the LG Soundbar and pair it after a few minutes.
- Use different audio modes on your TV and ensure the sound working well.
- Restart your LG TV to clear the temporary glitches.
- Update your LG TV to the latest firmware version.
- If the above methods failed to work, you can factory reset your LG TV.
LG Soundbar Features
Soundbars from LG are one of the best that you can get for your Smart TVs. You will get exciting features when the Soundbar is connected to LG Smart TV.
- Most LG Soundbars have Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision support.
- You can connect the Soundbar to both wired and wireless connections.
- Some LG Soundbars have specific voice control features. So, you can control using Alexa and Google Assistant on LG TV.
- You can control the LG Soundbar with your LG Magic Remote.
- You can switch to different sound modes like Gaming Sound Mode, Sports Sound Mode, and more.
- With the AI Sound Calibration, you will get the best audio experience based on the room.
- You can connect some of the Soundbars using a WiFi connection as well.
yes, you can connect the LG Soundbar to the RCA cable by plugging the red and white jacks on the respective position.
If the LG sound sync not working, it may be due to an incorrect input source on your TV.