|Things Discussed||Connect Keyboard|
|Compatibility||Both wired and wireless|
|Ways to Connect||Bluetooth|
LG’s Magic Remote is one of the best Smart TV remotes that you will ever see. But, when it comes to typing an app name, every brand of remote is not up to the mark. This is why you need to use mechanical keyboards on TV for typing purposes. For LG TV, you can use the official LG Keyboard. You can also use other mechanical keyboards and pair them to your LG TV using a wired or wireless connection.
How to Connect LG Keyboard to LG Smart TV
With the LG Electronics Portable Keyboard, you can pair it to your LG TV using the Bluetooth feature. If you don’t have the keyboard, you can buy it from the Amazon Store or any other retail shop.
1. Click on the Settings icon from your LG TV home screen.
2. From the options appearing to the right of your TV, click on All Settings.
3. Now, click on General settings and select LG Wireless Keyboard.
4. Press the Bluetooth key on the LG keyboard to switch on the paring mode.
5. Click on Connect from your LG TV to pair the keyboard.
6. Within a few seconds, the wireless keyboard will be connected to your LG TV.
7. Now, you can use the LG Keyboard for navigation and search purposes.
Steps to Connect Wired Keyboard with LG TV
Wired keyboards come with a long USB cable that you can use to connect to any TV with the USB port. All LG Smart TVs are equipped with at least two USB ports. Use any one of the USB ports to connect a wired keyboard.
1. Unpack the wired keyboard.
2. Plug the cable from the keyboard into the USB port on your LG TV.
3. Now, you can use the keyboard to search for anything on your LG TV.
Steps to Connect Wireless Keyboard with LG TV
Each wireless keyboard differs based on its models. Some wireless keyboard comes with a Bluetooth dongle, and other keyboards come with a Bluetooth button which makes your process easier.
1. Connect the USB Dongle to the USB port on your LG TV.
2. Once you plug in the dongle, you will receive a notification at the top of the screen saying that the HID device is Connected.
3. Your wireless keyboard will connect instantly.
4. Use the keyboard on your LG TV.
Drawbacks in LG TV’s Virtual Keyboard
Though Smart TVs have virtual keyboards, it is not user-friendly. You have to navigate to each letter or key only by using the remote navigation button. In the LG TVs, you will get standard QWERTY keys, special characters, and edit options. But by connecting a keyboard to your LG TV, you can use the LG TV web browser, enter your email address easily, and so on.
Leave a Comment