Wondering how to set up and connect your JBL Soundbar to your LG TV? As all JBL Soundbars are compatible with LG TVs, you can connect it through HDMI, Bluetooth, or Optical Cable. Moreover, recent LG TV models come with a Sound Sync feature which helps JBL Soundbar to synchronize audio without any mess.
JBL is one of the best soundbars for LG Smart TV that suits well for listening to music in DTS and for watching movies in Dolby Atmos. Moreover, it is capable of playing the audio of LG TV continuously for up to 6 hours with a single charge.
How to Connect JBL Soundbar to LG Smart TV
JBL Soundbar can be connected to any LG TV model with the following methods.
How to Connect JBL Soundbar to LG TV Using HDMI Cable
The most common and easy way to connect your JBL Soundbar to LG TV is by using high-speed HDMI. It is the best option when it comes to delivering high-quality audio.
1. Ensure your LG TV is turned off and grab the HDMI Cable.
2. Connect the HDMI Cable’s one end to JBL Soundbar’s HDMI ARC Port and the other end to LG TV’S HDMI ARC or eARC OUT Port.
3. Turn on your LG TV and press the Home button on your LG TV remote.
4. On the home screen, click the Settings icon in the top right corner.
5. Select All Settings and click the Sound menu.
6. Then go to the Sound Out settings and select HDMI ARC.
7. Close the Settings tab and play something on the LG TV to listen to the audio on JBL Soundbar.
Tip: If required, enable Dolby Atmos on LG TV to get a cinematic experience.
How to Connect JBL Soundbar to LG TV Using Optical Cable
1. Get the Optical cable and connect one end to the JBL Soundbar’s Optical IN Port and the other end to LG TV’s Optical Out Port.
2. Switch on your LG TV and launch the home screen by pressing the Home button.
3. Open the Settings menu and navigate to the All Settings option.
4. Further, head to the Sound Out settings and select Optical.
JBL Soundbar has been connected to your LG TV and it is ready to play audio.
How to Connect JBL Soundbar to LG TV Using Bluetooth
If you own a Bluetooth-enabled JBL Soundbar, you can connect it to your LG Smart TV without any additional wires.
How to Connect JBL Soundbar to LG TV [WebOS 3.5 or Older Models]
1. To enable Bluetooth mode on JBL Soundbar, press the Bluetooth button on the remote control.
2. Turn on your LG Smart TV and press the Home button to launch the home screen.
3. Click the Settings icon in the top right corner of the LG TV screen.
4. Choose Sound and select the Sound Out option.
5. Change the TV Speaker option to LG Sound Sync/Bluetooth to enable Bluetooth on LG TV.
6. Tap the Device Selection button and LG TV will search for nearby Bluetooth devices.
7. Highlight your JBL Soundbar name from the search list and click on it.
8. Wait for the device to connect and you can use the JBL Soundbar to listen to audio instead of the LG TV Speaker.
Note: Bluetooth feature also helps to connect Samsung Soundbar to LG TV seamlessly.
How to Connect JBL Soundbar to LG TV [Latest WebOS Models]
1. Put the JBL Soundbar into Pairing Mode by pressing the Bluetooth button on the remote.
2. Go to Settings > All Settings on your LG Smart TV.
3. Select the Sound Out option from the settings menu.
4. Choose the Use Wireless Speaker option to search for nearby devices.
5. Select JBL Soundbar from the list of available devices.
6. Once paired successfully, you can find your JBL Soundbar name in the Registered Device section.
7. Go back to the Sound Out option, and click on the Bluetooth Device tab.
That’s it. You can set your JBL Soundbar as the audio output for LG TV.
DIY Fixes for JBL Soundbar Not Connecting to LG TV
Sometimes we may endure issues while connecting JBL Soundbar to LG TV because of unknown technical errors. Some minor issues like Bluetooth not working on LG TVs, no sound, and low-quality audio can be resolved by following these troubleshooting methods.
- Make sure your LG TV and JBL Soundbar are properly connected using the cable.
- Activate the correct input source on your LG TV.
- Use different content or audio on your LG TV and check if that works properly.
- Unpair the JBL Soundbar and pair it again on your LG TV after a few minutes.
- Check the volume on JBL Soundbar and increase it, if needed.
- Reset the JBL Soundbar and restart your LG Smart TV.
- Update the firmware on your LG TV to its recent version.
- Factory reset your LG TV to its initial default settings.
You can use the HDMI, Optical Cable, or Bluetooth feature to connect JBL Bar 2.1 to LG Smart TV.
Yes, you can change the bass level on the JBL Soundbar.
You can only play the Dolby Digital soundtracks while using Night Mode on JBL Soundbar.