LG Smart TV allows users to connect external devices like gaming consoles, soundbars, and streaming devices, including DVD players. It is easy to connect a DVD player to an LG TV but the process differs depending on the connection you make. This extensive guide explains all the possible ways to connect a DVD player to your TV using different kinds of cable.
How to Connect DVD Player to LG TV
Based on the availability, use the following cables to set up a DVD player for your LG TV.
- Using HDMI Cable
- Using A/V Cable
- Using Component Cable
How to Connect DVD Player to LG TV via HDMI Cable
When both the LG TV and DVD player have HDMI ports, you can follow this method.
1. Connect one HDMI cable end to the LG TV’s HDMI port.
2. Then, connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the DVD player’s HDMI port.
3. Ensure to connect the cable firmly and turn ON both devices.
4. Change the Input source on LG TV to the HDMI-connected DVD player.
That’s it. The DVD player is successfully connected to your LG TV.
Note: Similarly, you can connect the PC to an LG TV using an HDMI cable.
How to Connect DVD Player to LG TV via A/V Cable
Follow this method if your DVD player does not have an HDMI port.
1. Insert the A/V cable on the respective A/V Output ports present on the DVD player.
2. Insert the other end of the A/V cable into the A/V Input ports (Yellow, White, and Red) on the LG TV.
3. Turn on the LG TV and the DVD player.
4. Tap the Input button on the LG TV remote.
5. Complete the setup process by changing the input to the A/V section.
Use an HDMI adapter to connect these cables to the TV when there are no A/V ports on your LG TV.
How to Connect DVD Player to LG TV via Component Cable
1. Plug one end of the Component cable’s Red, Blue, and Green video cable and the Red and White audio cable into the DVD player’s output ports.
2. Same way, plug in the other component cables according to the color-coded input ports present on the LG TV.
3. Make sure all the cables are connected corresponding to their ports and switch on the devices.
4. Tap the Input button on the LG TV remote and pick Component to pair the devices.
Note: In addition to the Blu-ray player, we recommend users connect a JBL soundbar to an LG TV through which you will get the best cinematic experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
This happens due to improper Input settings on LG TV. You have to change the input on the LG TV to which the DVD player is connected.
A faulty cable connection causes an input lag on an LG TV. You can fix this issue by connecting the cable firmly to the appropriate port of the LG TV. Replace the cable if it is damaged physically.
You can check our guide on the best DVD player for LG Smart TV to compare and buy the one you like.