Want to watch movies and TV series on LG TV without any external noise? The best idea is to connect Bluetooth headphones to your LG TV. The procedure is very simple if your LG TV has a built-in Bluetooth setting. For older LG TVs, you need to connect a Bluetooth transmitter to pair your wireless headset.
With wireless headphones, you will be able to experience private listening on LG TV with the desired volume.
In this article, you will learn how to connect Bluetooth headphones to an LG TV.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to LG Smart TV [WebOS 7 – WebOS 6.0]
You can follow the below steps if you are using the LG TV models of 2022 and 2021.
1. Turn on your LG TV and press the Settings button on the TV remote.
2. Navigate to the All Settings icon (three-dotted icon).
3. Go to Sound and click Sound Out from the Settings menu.
4. Click on Use Wireless Speaker.
5. Make sure that your Bluetooth headphones are in pairing mode.
6. Your device name will pop up on the screen.
7. Select the BT headphones and connect them to your LG Smart TV.
Once you connect the Bluetooth speaker or headset to your LG Smart TV, it will save the device. So that you don’t have to pair it manually every time.
For the next time, just tap the Mic button on the remote and say the command “Connect to Bluetooth headphones“. Your LG TV will connect to the saved BT devices, provided that the device is in pairing mode.
Most of the LG Smart TVs are equipped with the BT 5.0 feature. However, you can’t connect more than one BT device on your LG Smart TV. If you want to connect to a second BT device, you have to do it manually.
The one good thing about the Bluetooth feature on your LG TV is that if you try to connect any headphones or earbuds from the LG brand to your LG TV, it will be notified on the home screen. You have to tap the OK button to pair the device.
To disconnect the Bluetooth headphones, follow the above steps. Click the headphones, and choose Unpair. On confirmation, click Yes to disconnect.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to LG TV [WebOS 5.0 or Earlier]
Follow these instructions if you are using LG TV models (2020 & earlier).
1. Tap Settings on the LG TV remote and select All Settings.
2. Head to Sound → Sound Out.
3. Under Sound Out, select Bluetooth.
4. Select the desired headphones under the Connectable Devices section.
5. Once it gets paired, you can listen to the audio of an LG TV wirelessly.
How to Connect Wireless Headphones to LG TV Without Bluetooth
If your LG Smart TV doesn’t have a Bluetooth feature, you can still connect the headphones to the TV using an external adapter.
1. First, connect the Bluetooth adapter to the power source.
2. Link the LG TV and adapter using a digital optical or AUX cable.
3. Connect your Bluetooth headphone to the adapter.
4. Once connected, you can enjoy listening to the audio via headset.
How to Fix if Wireless Headset is Not Connecting to LG TV
If your Bluetooth headphone isn’t connecting to the LG TV, follow the below troubleshooting steps to fix the issue right away.
Restart Bluetooth headphones – If the headphone isn’t discoverable on your LG TV, try rebooting the headphones.
Restart LG TV – When your LG TV is not turning on Bluetooth or disconnecting frequently, you can restart your LG TV and try again.
Keep headphones close to LG TV – When the headphones are far away from your TV, the pairing will be difficult. Hence, keep the headphones closer to make LG TV easily find it.
Remove obstacles – If there is an obstacle between the LG TV and headphones, you can’t establish the connection between them. Take off the object and try pairing the devices.
Check other devices – If your headphone is connected to any other devices, such as a smartphone or desktop, they can’t be paired with the LG TV. Check the connections and unpair them if any.
Yes. You can connect two Bluetooth headsets to the LG TV only with the help of an external Bluetooth adapter.
Check whether you have enabled the pairing mode on your Bluetooth headphone. Ensure, you aren’t too far from the LG TV.
You can check our comprehensive guide on Bluetooth not working on LG TV to fix all kinds of BT issues you have with the TV.