An unclear cache is the vital reason for YouTube not working on LG Smart TV. Cache build will take up the TV’s storage and affect the working function of other apps. Using LG TV settings is a straightforward method to clear the particular app cache. Apart from this, there are many other ways available to clear the YouTube cache on LG TV.
Why Should I Clear Cache on LG Smart TV
You should clear the cache on the LG Smart TV if you are facing these issues on the YouTube app.
- YouTube keeps on loading even with stable Internet
- The YouTube app suddenly froze on the LG TV screen
- If the YouTube app on LG TV has no sound while playing any video
- If the YouTube video is not playing and keeps buffering
- When the YouTube app is not opening on your LG TV
How to Clear YouTube Cache on LG Smart TV
Follow these methods to clear the YouTube cache on LG Smart TV.
- Using LG Smart TV Settings
- Restart YouTube
- Soft Reset LG Smart TV
- Reinstall YouTube
- Clear Browsing Data
- Reset LG Smart TV
Clear YouTube Cache via Settings
2. Tap the Home button on the remote and go to Settings.
3. Select System Settings from the list of options.
4. Open Application Manager and pick YouTube from the list of apps installed on your LG TV.
5. Click on Clear Cache, and the process will be completed within a few seconds.
Restart YouTube App
You can do this by closing the YouTube app on your LG TV. After a few minutes, open the app. This will help in clearing the temporary caches. You can sign out of your YouTube account and sign in again if there is an account syncing issue.
Soft Reset LG Smart TV
1. Long press the Power button on your LG Smart TV for a few seconds.
2. Once the TV is turned OFF, unplug its cable from the power source.
3. Wait for a minute and plug the cable back into the power socket.
4. Now, turn ON your LG TV without a remote or with it.
That’s it. Caches are cleared and all the temporary issues are fixed.
Reinstall YouTube App
To Delete apps on LG TV: Tap the Home button on the remote > Go to Apps > Pick the Pencil icon > Select YouTube app > Tap Delete and hit OK to confirm.
Once deleted, you can reinstall YouTube again on your LG TV by going to the LG Content Store. Open the app once installed and sign in with your YouTube account to start using it.
Clear Browsing Data on LG TV
You have to delete the browsing data to clear the cache when you stream YouTube using a web browser on LG TV.
1. Launch the web browser on LG TV and tap the three-dotted menu icon.
2. Select the Settings option and navigate to the Clear Browsing Data.
3. Tap Clear All Browsing Data, which will delete all the cache, browsing history, and more.
Reset LG Smart TV
If the YouTube app is still not working after trying these methods, it is better to reset your LG Smart TV. Remember, this method will delete all the apps, data, etc., and reset the firmware to its initial settings.
1. Tap the Settings button on the TV remote once the LG TV is turned ON.
2. Go to All Settings and click General.
3. Select System and pick Reset to Initial Settings.
4. Hit OK to confirm and begin the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Clearing the cache helps to free up storage space on an LG TV.
You can refer to our guide on How to clear Netflix cache on LG Smart TV and follow the guidelines.