Super Resolution is a built-in feature on webOS Smart TVs that can make pictures look clear and crisp when enabled. You can change the Super Resolution on LG Smart TV in three intensities: Low, Medium, and High.
If you want to watch 4K videos on LG TV without shrinking, you should change the Aspect Ratio. From the four Aspect Ratio options – 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan Scan, 16:9 Original, and 16:9 Full, you can choose one that fits the screen.
This article teaches how to change the resolution and aspect ratio on an LG TV.
What is Super Resolution on LG Smart TV
Super Resolution is a brilliant feature available on LG TVs running webOS. This feature will turn any low-quality or blurry videos into high-quality ones. So, you don’t need to worry while watching videos in 480p or 720p. If you experience any input lag on an LG TV, set the Super-resolution to low or medium.
How to Change Resolution on LG TV With Remote
1. Click the Settings button on the LG TV remote.
2. Tap All Settings and click Picture.
3. Choose Picture Mode Settings.
4. Select Advanced Controls or Picture Options.
5. Click Super Resolution.
6. Select Off, Low, Medium, or High.
Based on your selection, it will enhance the quality and make it look sharper. If the remote is unresponsive, you can use the LG TV remote app to change the resolution from your smartphone.
How to Change Aspect Ratio on LG TV Models [2022 WebOS22] and [2020 WebOS6.0]
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV using the remote control.
2. Press the Settings button on your LG TV remote to open the System Settings option.
3. Select All Settings from the options.
4. Click on Picture and select the Aspect Ratio option.
5. Change the Aspect Ratio according to your requirement in the User Selection menu opened.
That’s it. Enjoy streaming pictures with your preferred resolution.
How to Change Aspect Ratio on LG TV Models [2020 or Older Versions of WebOS]
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV using the remote.
2. On your LG TV remote, press the Settings button.
3. Click on All Settings and choose Picture.
4. Select the Aspect Ratio Settings option.
5. Change the Aspect Ratio on which you wish to stream the content on your LG TV.
How to Change Aspect Ratio on LG TV Without Remote
If the LG Smart TV remote is not working, there is no need to worry. You can still access your TV settings using the remote app from a smartphone.
1. Turn on your TV by pressing the Power button on your LG TV.
2. Connect your smartphone and TV to the same WiFi network.
4. Launch the LG ThinQ app and tap on the + icon.
5. Go through the instructions and tap OK.
6. Click on Home Appliances and choose your LG TV.
7. A verification code will appear on the TV screen.
8. Enter the code on your phone. Tap OK to confirm and go to the home screen.
You can see your remote interface on your Smartphone. Now, follow the earlier steps to change the aspect ratio on your LG TV.
Go to Settings > All Settings > Picture > Picture Mode Settings > Advanced Controls > Super Resolution > Make changes.
If you change the resolution on LG TV to lower than 1080p or 4K, there are chances that some content will look blurry.