Want to control multiple devices with your LG TV remote control? You can change the HDMI Settings on your LG TV to do so. Simplink (HDMI-CEC) is a feature on the LG TV with which you can control other devices if they are connected through the HDMI port of the TV. For instance, you can use the LG Magic Remote to turn ON/OFF and adjust the volume of HDMI-connected devices like Blu-Ray players, streaming devices, soundbars, etc.
How to Change HDMI Settings on LG TV
The steps to change the HDMI Settings vary depending on the model of your LG Smart TV.
Switch HDMI Settings on webOS 6.0
1. Turn on your LG TV using the TV remote.
2. Tap the Settings button on the remote control.
3. A set of Menu options will be shown on the LG TV screen.
4. Select the All Settings option.
5. Tap General and click Devices.
6. Choose the HDMI Settings option and hit Simplink (HDMI-CEC).
7. You can change the HDMI Settings by enabling the toggle button.
Now, you can control the HDMI CEC-compatible devices with the LG TV remote. If necessary, you can also make LG TV start on HDMI with easy tricks.
Change HDMI Settings on webOS 4.5
1. Switch ON your LG Smart TV and tap the Gear icon button on your remote.
2. Navigate to the All Settings option on your TV screen.
3. Select Connection and tap Device Connection Settings.
4. Click Simplink (HDMI-CEC) and change the HDMI Settings to ON/OFF by toggling the button.
Switch HDMI Settings on webOS 4.0 or earlier
1. Power on your LG TV.
2. Locate and tap the Cog icon on your LG TV remote to access Settings.
3. In the Menu options appearing on your TV screen, click the All Settings option.
4. Tap General and select Simplink (HDMI-CEC).
5. Switch it ON/OFF in order to switch the HDMI Settings on your LG TV.
How to Change HDMI Name on LG Smart TV
For convenience, you shall rename the HDMI port label. It helps in better identification whenever you want to change the input on LG TV.
1. Navigate to the LG TV Home dashboard with the remote.
2. Select HDMI 1/HDMI 2 under the TV Inputs.
3. Tap the three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
4. Click Edit and select Edit Inputs.
5. Now, select HDMI 1/HDMI 2 to open the Edit Label tab.
6. Type your Input name by using the virtual keyboard.
7. Once done, hit Enter and tap Save to rename the HDMI port label on the TV.
How to Change HDMI Port Label on LG TV Without Remote
You can use the LG ThinQ app to control your LG TV when the remote control doesn’t work or is unavailable. Install the LG ThinQ app on your device and pair it with your TV. Once registered, you can start accessing it as a virtual remote. Follow the same steps above-mentioned to change the HDMI port label.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, LG TV has an HDMI CEC feature, and it is called Simplink.
Yes, enable the Simplink (HDMI-CEC) on your LG TV to turn ON the soundbars connected through the HDMI with your LG TV remote.
Press the Home button on the remote. On the home screen, tap the Input icon that appears at the top-right.