If you are feeling tired of a busy routine, you can sit back and tune in to your favorite TV channel on LG Smart TV to relax. But things become worse when the LG TV remote stopped working at that time. You don’t need to worry because you are one of the users who encounter this issue every day. Besides buying a universal remote, try these ways to change the channel on LG TV without a remote.
How to Change the Channel on LG Smart TV Without Remote
If LG TV remote is defective or lost somewhere, you should try any of these methods to change the channel on LG Smart TV.
Use Physical Buttons to Change Channel on LG Smart TV
Physical keys are most helpful when your remote has stopped functioning unexpectedly. You can find these buttons on the lower left or right side of your LG Smart TV. Sometimes, these keys may be located underneath the LG TV logo.
1. Turn on your TV and then press the physical button underneath it once.
2. Now, on the screen of your TV, you will be provided with a lot of options.
3. From the list of options, press the physical button once on your TV to scroll down to the respective tiles.
4. Choose the Channels tile. Then, press and hold the physical button on your TV to select the option.
5. Press the physical button on your TV until you change the desired channel.
Note: Similarly, you can change the input on the LG Smart TV using physical keys.
Use the Remote App to Change Channels on LG Smart TV
If you are not used to using the physical buttons on your TV, you can use any of the best LG TV remote apps. With that, you can easily control your LG TV without a remote. We recommend using the LG ThinQ app on your Android or iOS device to change channels on LG TV.
1. Connect your Android device or iOS device and LG TV to the same wifi network.
3. Sign in or create an account.
4. From the home screen, tap on the Add a Device button.
5. Choose the Select Device tab.
6. From the scanned devices list, tap on your LG Smart TV’s name.
7. Once you follow the above process, you have successfully connected your LG Smart TV with your Android or iOS device.
8. After that, tap on your LG Smart TV and hit the Remote option.
9. Use the remote interface to control your LG Smart TV and change the channel.
Connect a Mouse to Change the Channel on LG Smart TV
Alternatively, you can use a USB cable attached computer mouse to control your LG Smart TV. With it, you can control the functions of the LG Smart TV without a physical remote. However, this method suits you well only when you want to control streaming apps that were installed on LG your TV. We recommend using the HP X500 Mouse which is compatible with any Smart TV, PC, and laptop.
Buy a Universal Remote
If you think buying an LG Magic Remote is good for you, you can buy it from Amazon. Besides that, you can also purchase a universal remote which is cost-effective when compared to the original remote. You may need to buy remote batteries additionally if they were not included.
Frequently Asked Questions
Install the LG ThinQ app on your Android or iPhone. Then you can use it as a virtual remote to change the HDMI on LG Smart TV.