Oculus Quest 2 also referred to as Meta Quest 2 is a device that lets you play games in virtual reality. If you would to watch virtual reality games on your LG Smart TV, you can simply cast your Oculus Quest 2. Basically, casting can be done with the help of a Chromecast device or if your LG Smart TV has Chromecast built-in. Otherwise, you can use a USB-C to HDMI cable to cast Oculus Quest 2 to your LG TV without a Chromecast.
- A Chromecast device
- Connect your VR headset to the TV using USB-C to HDMI cable
- Connect your LG Smart TV to a WiFi network that should be the same as your Chromecast device and Meta Quest 2.
- Pair Meta Quest 2 with Smartphone
How to Pair Meta (Oculus) Quest 2 to the Phone With Code
2. Open the Meta Quest app and create or sign in with your account.
3. Ensure that you have turned on your Meta Quest 2 for pairing.
4. Click the Menu tab and tap Devices.
5. Select Pair New Headset and select your Meta Quest 2 device name.
6. Click Continue and enter the pairing code.
Pro Tip: To know the code, press the Oculus button → Go to Settings → System → About → Note down the pairing code.
7. At last, click the check mark to finish pairing.
How to Cast Meta Quest 2 to LG Smart TV Using Headset
Oculus Quest 2 is compatible with Chromecast. So it is easy to cast your favorite games on your LG Smart TV. But older LG TV doesn’t have built-in Chromecast support. However, you can connect your LG TV to a Chromecast device which will let you cast your gameplay onto the bigger screen.
1. Connect the Chromecast device to the LG TV and set it up.
2. Ensure that you have connected Chromecast-connected LG TV and Meta Quest 2 to the same WiFi network.
3. Turn on your Meta Quest 2 device and pair it up.
4. Wear the Meta Quest 2 device and press the Menu button (Three Dotted Lines) on your controller.
5. Hit the Share icon that you see in virtual reality.
6. Click on your Chromecast device-connected LG TV to pair it up.
7. Once the pairing process is complete, you can stream the gameplay on your LG Smart TV.
How to Cast Meta Quest 2 to LG Smart TV Using the Mobile App
In case you have the Meta Quest app installed on your Android or iOS device, here are the steps you can follow to cast Meta Quest 2 to LG Smart TV. For that, you should pair your Meta Quest 2 headset with the Meta Quest app.
1. Install the Meta Quest app on your smartphone from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Connect your Android/iOS and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Meta Quest app and ensure that you have paired your VR headset with it.
4. Then, tap on the Cast button from the upper right corner.
5. Select your Chromecast device from the available devices list.
6. Accept the casting request if required and view the gameplay on your LG Smart TV.
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to LG Smart TV Using Windows or Mac
Before going ahead, ensure that you have connected your Windows or Mac and Chromecast-connected LG TV to the same WiFi network.
1. Open a web browser and visit the official website of Meta’s Casting Website.
2. Accept the permissions on your LG Smart TV if required.
3. From the on-screen, click on the Share icon.
4. Now, a list of available devices will appear on the screen. From there, click on your Chromecast device-connected LG TV.
5. Once paired, you can start viewing the VR gameplay on your LG Smart TV.
How to Cast Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 to LG TV Without Chromecast
For casting Oculus Quest to TV without Chromecast, you should have a USB-C to HDMI cable.
1. Connect the USB-C end of the cable to the charging port of Meta (Oculus) Quest 2.
2. Connect the HDMI end of the cable to the LG TV’s HDMI port.
3. Open the Meta Quest app on your Android or iOS device.
4. Go to Settings and click the Cast option.
5. Select your LG Smart TV from the available devices.
6. After it gets connected, your Meta ( Oculus) Quest 2 screen will appear on your LG TV.
That’s it. You can now enjoy VR game streaming on your LG Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, it is not possible to cast Oculus Quest 2 to LG TV without the use of wifi.