Google Photos is a safe and secure application where you can store photos and videos of up to 15 GB for free. However, you cannot install the Google Photos app on LG TV since it is unavailable in the Content Store.
However, you can access Google Photos on LG TV over the web using a built-in web browser. Alternatively, you can use cast Google Photos to your Smart TV by connecting your TV and phone to the same WiFi network.
Apart from that, you can buy and use a Lightning to digital AV adapter and HDMI cable to mirror Google Photos to a TV from an iPhone.
In this article, you will learn all possible ways to get Google Photos on LG TV.
How to Access Google Photos on LG TV using Web Browser
1. Open a web browser on your LG Smart TV.
2. Visit (https://photos.google.com) and click Go to Photos.
3. Log in with your Google account to continue.
4. Once logged in, you can view photos and videos that you’ve saved.
How to Cast/Mirror Google Photos on LG TV
If your TV has Chromecast built-in, you can cast your Android screen to LG TV. If not, connect a Chromecast to an LG TV and set it up. In case you are using an iPhone, ensure to turn on AirPlay on your LG TV.
1: Connect your LG TV to a WiFi which should be the same as your smartphone.
2: Install the Google Photos app on your Android or iOS from the relevant store.
4: Open the app and sign in with your account credentials.
5: Now click on a photo and select the Cast icon on the top.
6: From the list of devices, click on Chromecast or LG Smart TV name.
Now you can watch Google Photos content on a big screen.
How to Watch Google Photos on LG TV from iPhone
Lightning to Digital AV adapter is a device with which you can mirror your iPhone screen to an LG TV. For this to work, you need to connect this device and TV using an HDMI cable. If you don’t have one, buy a Lightning to Digital AV adapter and HDMI cable on Amazon.
1. Connect the Lightning end of the adapter to an iPhone.
2. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter and the other end to an LG TV.
3. Go to Inputs and change the input on LG TV to the one in which you plugged the HDMI cable.
4. Open the Google Photos app on your iPhone and play any video.
That’s it. The video will now start playing on your LG TV.
By using the above methods, you can easily access Google Photos on your LG Smart TV. If your Google account’s storage limit is exceeded, you can upgrade the storage by subscribing to Google One which starts from $1.99/month.