As Google Chrome is the most secure browser in the world, LG Smart TV users are looking for ways to install it. Unluckily, Google Chrome is unavailable for LG Smart TV. But it doesn’t mean that you can’t use Google Chrome on the TV.
Since Chrome is compatible with all Android devices, you can cast your Android screen to LG TV. Alternatively, you can AirPlay Google Chrome from your iPhone to your Smart TV. Using this method, you can view multiple tabs on LG TV for simultaneous tasks and browse for your favorite content online.
How to Cast Google Chrome to LG TV Using Chromecast
1. Install Google Chrome on your Android Phone from the Play Store.
2. Launch Google Chrome and complete the login process with your Google account.
3. Connect a Chromecast device to your LG TV if it doesn’t have Chromecast built-in support.
4. Connect your Android device and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
5. Visit a particular website on Google Chrome on your Android phone.
6. Tap the Chromecast icon on the browser and select your LG Smart TV name.
Once connected, you can wireless access Google Chrome on your Smart TV.
How to AirPlay Google Chrome on LG TV
1. Turn on the LG Smart TV with or without a remote.
2. Connect your iPhone and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
4. Get Google Chrome on your iPhone from the App Store.
5. Open the browser and log in with your account details.
6. Search any content and tap the Screen Mirroring icon from the Control Center of your iPhone.
7. Select your LG Smart TV from the shown devices.
8. Once connected, the Google Chrome browser will display on your TV screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Google Chrome is unavailable in the LG Content Store. Hence, you cannot download it on your LG TV.
The built-in Web Browser is the best browser for LG Smart TV. It comes pre-installed on all LG Smart TVs running the webOS operating system.