Buying a universal remote is a cost-affordable choice if LG TV remote is not working or it has been lost. GE remote is the best universal remote to control your LG TV, and it works if you have paired it using the remote codes. So, it is mandatory to know the 3, 4, and 5-digit GE Universal remote codes along with the programming instructions.
Identify the Remote to Enter Remote Codes
Not all the remote codes work for all the remote. So, you should find the appropriate CL number of the remote for the remote codes to work. To identify the CL model number,
- Open the GE Universal Remote’s battery compartment.
- On its inside, you can find the CL number such as CL3, CL4, or CL5.
GE Universal Remote Base Level Codes
General Electric (GE) Universal Remote Codes for LG TV
If the above codes don’t work, you can use the following LG TV remote codes based on the name of the GE Universal Remote’s battery compartment.
- CL5 & CL6
- Additional Codes
Remote Codes for CL3
Remote Codes for CL4
Remote Codes for CL5 and CL6
Additional Codes for GE Universal Remote
Other Universal Remote Codes for LG TV
If the above-mentioned codes are not working, you can use the following remote codes.
- 3 Digit Codes
- 4 Digit Codes
- 5 Digit Codes
3 Digit Codes for LG TV
4 Digit Codes for LG TV
5 Digit Codes for LG TV
Programming Guide for GE Universal Remote
These are the three ways to program a GE Universal Remote to LG Smart TV.
- Manual Method
- Without Codes
- Auto-Search Method
How to Program GE Universal Remote to LG Smart TV Manually
1. Take note of the remote codes based on your remote’s model.
2. Turn on your LG TV by pressing the physical power button.
3. Press the SETUP button on the remote and hold it until the red LED light flashes.
4. Press the TV button on the remote and enter the 1st code.
5. If the code is found valid, the red LED light will go off.
6. Point the remote at the TV and press the Power button.
7. If LG TV gets turned off, the remote has been successfully programmed. Otherwise, you have to enter the next code and repeat steps 3-6.
How to Program GE Universal Remote to LG TV Without Codes
1. Turn on your LG TV and point the remote closer to the TV sensor.
2. Press the SETUP button and hold it until the LED light stays idle.
3. Press the TV button on the GE remote.
4. After that, continuously press and release the Power button till the TV turns off. As a result, the universal remote will search for the ideal remote code.
5. You should repeat the process until it finds the appropriate code.
6. If the right code is found, the LG TV will turn off.
7. Press the Enter button on the remote to store the code.
How to Program GE Universal Remote to LG Smart TV using Auto-Search
1. Switch on your LG TV using the physical power button.
2. Press the SETUP button on the remote and keep hold of it until the LED light starts flashing.
3. Press the Device (TV) button on the GE universal remote.
4. On the remote, press the 9-9-1 keys in sequence to initiate the code search.
5. Following that, press the Channel Up and Power buttons and hold them together until it turns off the LG TV.
6. Once the code is identified, it will turn off the LG TV automatically.
7. Lastly, press the Power button to save the code in its remote’s memory.
That’s it. Now you can use the GE Universal Remote to control your LG TV easily.
Leave a Comment