If the LG TV remote is not working or is lost, you can consider buying a GE universal remote as the best replacement. Being a universal remote, it can control many devices like TVs, DVD players, set-top boxes, home theatres, streaming devices, etc. However, the GE universal remote needs to be programmed with appropriate remote codes to control the LG TV.
In this article, you will find a complete list of 3, 4, and 5-digit remote codes for GE universal remote with programming instructions.
Identify the Remote to Enter Remote Codes
Not all the remote codes work for all the remote. So, you should find the appropriate CL number of the remote for the GE remote codes to work. To identify the CL model number, follow these steps.
- Open the GE Universal Remote’s battery compartment.
- On its inside, you can find the CL number of a remote (CL3, CL4, or CL5).
GE Universal Remote Base Level Codes
General Electric Universal Remote Codes for LG TV
If the above codes don’t work, check the list of universal remote codes for LG TV based on the name of the GE Universal Remote’s battery compartment.
- CL5 & CL6
- Additional Codes
Remote Codes for CL3
GE Universal Remote CL4 Codes for LG TV
GE Universal Remote CL5 / CL6 Codes for LG TV
GE Universal Remote Codes for LG webOS TV
Other Universal Remote Codes for LG TV
If the above-mentioned codes are not working, you can use the following remote codes.
- 3 Digit Codes
- 4 Digit Codes
- 5 Digit Codes
3 Digit Codes for LG TV
4 Digit Codes for LG TV
5 Digit Codes for LG TV
GE Universal Remote Codes for LG Blu-Ray Player
If you are using an LG Blu-ray player with your LG Smart TV, you can use the below remote codes to program the universal remote.
Remote Codes for CL6/CL5/CL4/CL3
GE Universal Remote Codes for LG DVD Player
Here are the 3 and 4-digit remote codes to program a GE universal remote with the LG DVD player.
Remote Codes for CL6/CL5/CL4/CL3/V5/V3
Remote Codes for V4/V2
Remote Codes for V1
3 Digit Remote Codes for DVD Player
Programming Guide for GE Universal Remote
These are the three ways to program a GE Universal Remote to LG Smart TV.
- Manual Method
- Without Codes
- Auto-Search Method
How to Program GE Universal Remote to LG TV Using Manual Method
1. Take note of the remote codes based on your remote’s model.
2. Turn on your LG TV by pressing the physical power button.
3. Press the SETUP button on the remote and hold it until the red LED light flashes.
4. Press the TV button on the remote and enter the 1st code.
5. If the code is found valid, the red LED light will go off.
6. Point the remote at the TV and press the Power button.
7. If LG TV gets turned off, the remote has been successfully programmed. Otherwise, you have to enter the next code and repeat steps 3-6.
How to Program GE Universal Remote to LG TV Without Codes
1. Turn on your LG TV and point the remote closer to the TV sensor.
2. Press the SETUP button and hold it until the LED light stays idle.
3. Press the TV button on the GE universal remote.
4. After that, continuously press and release the Power button till the TV turns off. As a result, the universal remote will search for the ideal remote code.
5. You should repeat the process until it finds the appropriate code.
6. If the right code is found, the LG TV will turn off.
7. Press the Enter button on the remote to store the code.
Note: Similarly, you can program a Spectrum remote to LG TV without codes.
How to Program GE Universal Remote to LG Smart TV using Auto Search
1. Press the power button on the LG TV to turn it on.
2. Press the SETUP button on the remote and keep hold of it until the LED light starts flashing.
3. Press the Device (TV) button on the GE universal remote.
4. On the remote, press the 9-9-1 keys in sequence to initiate the code search.
5. Following that, press and hold the Channel Up and Power buttons at a time. Release the buttons if it turns off the LG TV.
6. Once the code is identified, it will turn off the LG TV automatically.
7. Lastly, press the Power button to save the code in its remote’s memory.
That’s it. Now you can use the GE Universal Remote to control your LG TV easily.
1846 and 0696 are the GE universal remote codes for an LG Soundbar.
0001, 6021, 3001, 1221, 1181, 5511, and 1911, are the GE 6 device universal remote codes for LG TV.