If you are in the UK, you can install Freeview on LG TV, a complete entertainment application. The Freeview app is available on the Content Store for LG TVs manufactured in 2017 or later running webOS 3.5 and up.
Freeview has the best lineup of streaming platforms and live TV channels, which ensures no shortage of enjoyment. The Freeview app is free to use and doesn’t require any specific subscription plan to preview the content. If you have a Freeview LG TV, you will get Freeview Play as a built-in app.
How to Watch Freeview on LG Smart TV
Freeview can be accessed in multiple ways on Smart TV. They are
- Install Freeview
- Watch Freeview using a browser
- AirPlay Freeview
- Chromecast Freeview
How to Install Freeview on LG TV
1: Turn on your TV and connect the LG TV to a strong WiFi connection.
2: Fetch your LG Magic remote and press the Home button.
3: From the home screen, select the LG Content Store application.
4: Click the Search icon on the top right and enter Freeview using the virtual keyboard.
5: Select the Freeview app from the search result and click the Install button below the app’s logo.
6: After installing, launch the app and start streaming the content on your LG TV.
How to Watch Freeview on LG TV Using Browser
If you don’t prefer to download the Freeview app on your Smart TV, you can access it using the browser.
(1) Power on your LG Smart TV and launch the browser.
(2) Click the Address bar and enter the Freeview website using the on-screen keyboard.
(3) Sign in using your account credentials
(4) Watch your favorite content.
How to AirPlay Freeview on LG Smart TV
(1) Turn on and enable AirPlay on the LG TV.
(2) Connect your iOS device and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
(3) Download the Freeview app from the App Store on your iOS device.
(4) Launch the Freeview app and log in with your account credentials.
(5) Select the content that you need to stream on your LG smart TV.
(6) Navigate to the Control Center of your iOS device and select the Screen Mirroring icon.
(7) Choose your LG Smart TV name from the available devices.
Now, the content on your iPhone will play on your LG Smart TV.
How to Chromecast Freeview on LG Smart TV
(1) Turn on your LG TV and connect your mobile and TV to the same WiFi connection.
(2) Now, launch the Play Store app on your mobile.
(3) Click the Search icon and search for the Freeview app.
(4) Select Freeview and tap Install to get the app on your phone.
(5) Now, launch the Freeview app and log in with your account details.
(6) Choose your favorite content on the Freeview app.
(7) Go to the Notification Panel of your Android and hit the Screencast option.
(8) Select the name of your LG TV from the available devices.
(9) Finally, start streaming the Freeview content on your TV.
Freeview Not Working on LG TV – Fixes
Sometimes the Freeview app fails to load the content or may not work properly on your TV. In those situations, you can follow the troubleshooting methods mentioned below.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Freeview app on your TV.
- Check whether the LG TV has proper internet speed to load the content.
- Ensure to stream the Freeview channel via the antenna.
- Perform a Program Tune on the Digital Search.
- Remove the aerial cable and re-insert it again after a few minutes.
- Reboot the LG TV when the app keeps crashing.
- If none of the steps mentioned above help you to fix the problem, you can visit the support website of Freeview to get assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can watch a few channels on Freeview with the help of the Internet, However, you cannot watch live content without a Freeview aerial.
No. Freeview is unavailable for streaming devices, so you cannot watch it using a streaming device.
If you have lost the Freeview channels, you can retune it. Head to Settings → Picture → Programmes → Programme Tuning & Setting → Auto Tuning → Antenna Digital → Only Search → Scan begins.
No. It is impossible to delete Freeview channels on LG TV.