Currently, the 74th Formula One Championship (2023) is on the cards. This tournament is scheduled to have a total of 23 Grand Prix race events which will be available to live stream on the F1 TV app. Sadly, the F1 TV app is not available for LG Smart TVs. Nonetheless, you can watch F1 events on LG TV using a web browser or casting from a smartphone.
The Round 6 of the Formula 1 Championship is officially postponed. But the Round 7 of FORMULA 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2023 is scheduled to take place between May 26 to 28.
Can You Install F1 TV on LG TV?
No, the F1 TV app is only compatible with Android, iOS, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku 3900x, and Chromecast. So, you can use any of these streaming devices to watch F1 events on LG TV.
F1 TV Subscription
F1 TV is a dedicated service to watch Formula One live racing, replays, live onboard cameras, etc. It also has a collection of F1 documentaries. To access all these, you need to subscribe to any of these plans.
|F1 TV Pro||$3.99/month or $29.99/year|
|F1 TV Access||$2.99/month or $19.99/year|
How to Watch F1 TV on LG TV
These are the possible ways to stream Formula One race events on LG TV.
How to Stream F1 TV on LG TV Via Web Browser
LG Smart TV features a built-in browser to surf the internet easily. So, you can visit the F1 TV official website to stream all the race events live on LG TV.
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV. Ensure that the LG TV uses WIFI that is stable.
2. To access the home screen of the LG TV, press the Home button on the remote.
3. Open the web browser on your LG Smart TV.
4. Enter f1tv.formula1.com in the address bar and visit the F1 TV official website.
5. Tap on the Sign In button at the top right corner. Key in the login credentials, such as your username and password, to access your account.
6. Once the home page appears, select any Formula 1 event to stream on your LG TV.
How to Cast F1 TV on LG TV
You can also cast F1 TV to stream the F1 race events on LG TV. For this to work, you should set up a Chromecast or Google TV with your LG TV.
1. Connect your Android or iOS device to the same WIFI as your LG TV is connected.
2. Search and install the F1 TV app on your smartphone from the Play Store or App Store.
3. Launch the F1 TV app on your smartphone and log in to your account that has a subscription.
4. From the home screen, select an event and click the Cast icon.
5. Select your Chromecast or Google TV to which you want to establish a connection.
The selected F1 event will start playing on your LG TV via casting.
How to AirPlay F1 TV on LG TV
The F1 TV app has an in-built AirPlay feature. So, you can stream F1 race events after enabling AirPlay on LG TV.
1. Connect your iPhone or iPad and LG Smart TV to the same WIFI.
2. Hit the Home button on the LG remote controller and go to AirPlay Settings.
3. Turn on AirPlay using a toggle. Select the Require Code option.
4. Choose any of the following options from the following based on your needs.
- First Time Only
- Every Time
- Use Password Instead
5. Next, open the F1 TV app on your iPhone or iPad.
6. Open the F1 TV app and select any race event to play. Then, tap the AirPlay icon.
7. Choose your LG Smart TV to start streaming the Formula 1 2023 event on the big screen.
How to Watch the 2023 Formula One Championship on LG TV Without Cable
All the F1 championship races will stream on ESPN or the ABC channel. The following are the streaming services that offer the ESPN and the ABC channel. Get a subscription to any of the following streaming services and watch Formula 1 Racing live on ABC or ESPN Network without cable.
You can watch Formula One race events with Sling TV on LG TV via the ESPN channel. You can subscribe to Sling Orange or Sling Orange & Blue package to stream ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3. It also offers 50 hours of DVR to record live shows. The subscription for Sling Orange and Sling Orange & Blue costs $40/month and $55/month, respectively.
Hulu + Live TV lets you watch 85+ channels, including live sports, entertainment, and news. With Hulu on LG TV, you can watch Hulu Originals, Disney+, and ESPN+ content for $69.99/month.
fuboTV on LG TV streams ESPN and ESPN2 in all its packages except Latino. You can subscribe to fubo Pro for $74.99/month, Elite for $84.99/month, and Premier for $94.99/month. For live recording, it offers 1000 hours of DVR space. New fuboTV subscribers are also eligible for a 7-day free trial.
You can stream Formula 1 Grand Prix events with YouTube TV on LG TV via ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU channels. It requires a subscription of $72.99/month which offers more than 100 channels. YouTube TV also supports three simultaneous streams at a time. Based on the promotional period, the number of days the YouTube TV offers a free trial differs.
You can watch the 2023 F1 events on ESPN and ABC using DirecTV Stream. To get started, subscribe to the Entertainment plan at $74.99/month. It lets you stream 75+ channels that cover all major sports and news. In addition, new subscribers will get a free trial for 5 days.
The ESPN channel is included with all the above streaming services. But the ABC channel is only available in certain markets.
F1 2023 Driver Lineups
The 2023 F1 World Championship will have a total of 10 teams with 2 drivers each.
|TEAMS||DRIVER 1||DRIVER 2|
|Red Bull||Max Verstappen||Sergio Perez|
|Ferrari||Charles Leclerc||Carlos Sainz|
|Mercedes||Lewis Hamilton||George Russell|
|Alpine||Esteban Ocon||Pierre Gasly|
|McLaren||Lando Norris||Oscar Piastri|
|Alfa Romeo||Valtteri Bottas||Zhou Guanyu|
|Aston Martin||Lance Stroll||Fernando Alonso|
|Haas F1||Kevin Magnussen||Nico Hulkenberg|
|AlphaTauri||Yuki Tsunoda||Nyck de Vries|
|Williams||Alex Albon||Logan Sargeant|
Sprint Qualifying Races in 2023
F1 has finally confirmed that they will conduct six sprint races for weekends for the entire 2023 season. Check out the table to know the important dates for the race events.
|Baku City Circuit||April 28 – April 30|
|Red Bull Ring||June 30 – July 2|
|Spa-Francorchamps||July 28 – July 30|
|Lusail International Circuit||October 6 – October 8|
|Circuit of the Americas||October 20 – October 22|
|AutÓdromo José Carlos Pace||November 3 – November 5|
You can live stream F1 events on LG TV using the F1 TV app.
Leave a Comment