- Go to Settings → All Settings → Sound → Advanced Settings. Now, you can enable Dolby Atmos on your LG TV.
LG OLED TV is the first kind with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos support. LG TVs manufactured after 2019 and a few models in 2017, like W7, G7, E7, C7, and B7, have native Dolby Atmos support. You can enable Dolby Atmos on an LG TV to get 3D sound effects while watching movies or listening to music. This article will teach you how to turn on and use Dolby Atmos on a webOS TV.
How to Turn On Dolby Atmos on LG TV
Depending on the webOS version, the steps to enable Dolby Atmos will vary.
For TVs with webOS 6.0, webOS 22, and webOS 23
1. Turn on your LG TV and press the Settings button on the remote.
2. From the list of options, select All Settings (Three-dotted icon).
3. Head to the Sound and choose Advanced Settings.
4. You can find the Dolby Atmos settings under it.
5. Turn ON Dolby Atmos using a Toggle. To turn it off, toggle the switch OFF.
For TVs with webOS 5.0 or Earlier
1. Turn on your LG TV and press the Settings button on the remote control.
2. Once the Settings menu pops up, scroll down and choose All Settings.
3. After that, click Sound from the list of options.
4. Under Sound, turn on the Dolby Atmos option.
Note: After enabling the Dolby Atmos feature, you will see a pop-up message indicating, “This settings is only available for Internal TV Speaker“.
Now you’re done, enjoy your Dolby Atmos experience!
How to Enable Dolby Atmos on LG Soundbar or Speakers
If you have connected an LG soundbar to your TV, you can follow the below procedure to enable this feature.
1. Connect the HDMI cable’s one end to the external speaker/soundbar and the other end to the HDMI (ARC) port of your TV.
2. Once connected, turn on your LG TV and navigate to Settings → Sound.
3. Under the Sound menu, select the Sound Out option.
4. Further, select Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC) from the list of options.
Now, you can experience Dolby Atmos on your TV using external devices.
Note: Try this method if your LG TV doesn’t have a built-in Dolby Atmos feature. On the other hand, if you want to alter the audio setting, check out the best sound settings for your LG TV.
Dolby Atmos Not Working on LG TV? Here’s How to Fix
If Dolby Atmos is greyed out on an LG OLED C1, C2, QNED, or any TV model, it may have several reasons. Try the below tricks to fix Dolby Atmos issues.
|Your TV is incompatible with Dolby Atmos.
|Use external speakers or a soundbar to experience the feature
|The audio format might not be compatible with Dolby Atmos.
|Play the title having Dolby Atmos support
|Outdated TV firmware.
|Update your LG TV to the latest version.
|Incorrect input settings.
|Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI 2 (ARC) port of the TV.
|Temporary bugs & glitches.
|Power cycle your LG TV.
|Choppy sounds after enabling Dolby Atmos.
|Reset your LG TV to its initial settings.
Check for a Dolby Vision badge on your LG TV box. The Dolby Vision logo will be shown if the content supports it.
Enable Dolby Atmos on your TV Sound settings, connect the HDMI cable to the ARC port, and update the Disney+ app and TV.
If you find Dolby Atmos in the Audio Settings, your TV supports the Passthrough feature.