DirecTV Stream is a premium service for watching live TV channels and on-demand content. In this guide, I will teach you how to watch DirecTV Stream on LG Smart TV in different ways.
DirecTV Stream is unavailable on the LG Content Store. So, I verified the DirecTV Stream’s official website and found that the DirecTV Stream app is unsupported for LG Smart TVs. But still, you can watch DirecTV Stream on LG TV using the casting or screen mirroring method.
Alternatively, visit DirecTV Stream’s official website on a built-in web browser on your Smart TV and watch your desired content.
How to Cast DirecTV Stream to LG TV Using Android
For casting, install the DIRECTV app on your phone. Then, you cast your Android screen to an LG TV to stream live TV and on-demand shows. The latest LG Smart TVs have Chromecast built-in support. If you have an older LG TV, you must connect a Chromecast to an LG TV to cast the content.
1. Turn on the LG TV using the LG Magic Remote.
2. Connect your LG TV to WiFi, which should be the same as your Android smartphone.
3. Install the DirecTV Stream app on your smartphone from the Play Store.
4. Open the DirecTV Stream app after the installation.
5. Login to your DirecTV Stream subscribed account.
6. Play any video on the application and click the Cast icon.
6. Select a Chromecast-connected TV or LG Smart TV name from the list.
7. The selected content will play on your LG Smart TV once connected.
How to Cast DirecTV Stream to LG TV Using a PC
You can use Google Chrome on Windows or Mac to mirror the PC screen to LG Smart TV. For this purpose, connect your PC to the same WiFi as your LG TV.
1. Run Google Chrome on your Windows or Mac.
2. Enter (streamtv.directv.com) in the address bar and visit that website.
3. Click the Sign In drop-down and select Watch Now.
4. Login to your DirecTV account using the required credentials.
5. Once the home page appears, play any title of your wish.
6. Right-click on the browser screen and click Cast.
7. Select your LG Smart TV. From the sources drop-down menu, click Cast Tab.
Enjoy streaming the selected content on a big screen using wireless casting.
How to AirPlay DirecTV Stream to LG TV Using iPhone
DirecTV Stream doesn’t have AirPlay support. But you can screen mirror your iPhone/iPad to watch DirecTV on LG TV. Beforehand, enable the AirPlay feature on LG TV.
1. Install DirecTV Stream on your iPhone from the App Store.
2. Launch the DirecTV Stream app after the installation.
3. Finish up the login process using your account credentials.
4. Play a movie or TV show of your choice.
5. Scroll down the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
6. Choose your LG Smart TV to mirror the iPhone screen.
Watch DirecTV Stream on your TV using the screen mirroring feature.
How to Watch DirecTV Stream on LG TV Using a Web Browser
LG Smart TVs running the webOS operating system will have a pre-installed web browser. Visit the DirecTV Stream website (streamtv.directv.com) on your web browser to watch live TV channels, movies, TV shows, etc. Remember, you must be a DirecTV Stream subscriber to access the content.
Can You Watch DirecTV Stream Using DIRECTV Ready
No. You cannot watch DirecTV Stream on LG TV using the DIRECTV Ready app. DIRECTV Ready is an application that lets you manage HD DVR without a receiver. It is also called RVU (Client built-in) for DIRECTV satellite subscribers to manage their DVR recordings.
No. DirecTV Stream is a premium streaming service. However, new users can sign up for DirecTV Stream to claim a 5-day free trial.
DirecTV Stream has four subscription plans – Entertainment -$74.99/mo, Choice – $99.99/mo, Ultimate – $109.99/mo, and Premier – $154.99/mo.
Yes. DirecTV Stream is compatible with Fire TV Stick, Roku, and Apple TV. Connect any of these devices to an LG TV to watch the content.