The Crunchyroll app is unavailable in the LG Content Store. So, you can’t install Crunchyroll on your LG Smart TV. Therefore, you can watch Crunchyroll on LG TV by visiting its official website using a built-in web browser.
If your LG TV lacks browser support, don’t worry. The Crunchyroll app supports Chromecast and AirPlay. Hence, you can wirelessly stream anime content to an LG TV from an Android, iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
This article will teach you the possible methods to watch Crunchyroll on an LG TV.
How to Watch Crunchyroll on LG TV Using a Web Browser
(1) Turn on your LG TV and connect the TV to an internet connection.
(2) Click the Home button to navigate to the home screen.
(3) Locate and launch the Web Browser app on your TV.
(4) Hit the search bar and enter Crunchyroll.com using the virtual keyboard.
(5) Click the Profile avatar. Tap Log In and sign in to your Crunchyroll account.
(6) Select and play your favorite anime to stream Crunchyroll on your TV.
How to AirPlay Crunchyroll on LG TV from iPhone/iPad
(1) Enable AirPlay on LG TV once you turn it on.
Note: Go to the Home screen → Launch the Home dashboard → Select the AirPlay tile → Choose AirPlay & Homekit Settings → Turn On AirPlay.
(2) Connect your TV and iOS to the same WiFi network.
(3) Launch the App Store on iOS and search for the Crunchyroll app.
(4) Select the Crunchyroll app and click Get to begin the installation.
(5) Launch the Crunchyroll app and sign in with your account credentials.
(6) Select the anime title you need to stream on your LG Smart TV.
(7) Open the Control Center on your iPhone or iPad.
(8) Select Screen Mirroring from the list of thumbnails.
(9) Choose your LG Smart TV name from the devices list.
Finally, start streaming the Crunchyroll content on your Smart TV.
How to Cast Crunchyroll on LG TV from Android
(1) Turn on your LG Smart TV using the remote.
(2) Connect the LG TV to WiFi, which should be the same as your Android.
(3) Download the Crunchyroll app from the Play Store on your Android.
(4) Once installed, run the Crunchyroll app.
(5) Login with your Crunchyroll account credentials.
(6) Choose and play your favorite anime on the Crunchyroll app.
(7) Hit the Cast icon exhibited on the app.
(8) Select your LG TV from the available devices.
Once paired, it will cast your Android screen to an LG Smart TV. Enjoy watching your favorite anime episodes on a big screen.
How to Get Crunchyroll on LG Smart TV Using HDMI
With a USB-HDMI cable, you can watch your favorite anime on LG Smart TV using other devices, such as smartphones and desktops.
(1) Connect your smartphone or desktop to an LG Smart TV with an HDMI cable.
(2) Ensure you have connected the HDMI cable to the valid port.
(3) Press the Input button on the LG TV remote.
(4) Select the HDMI on which your smartphone or PC is connected.
(5) Once you change the input on the LG TV, you can view the device screen.
(6) Open Crunchyroll on your phone and play anime content on your TV.
How to Stream Crunchyroll on LG TV Using Streaming Devices
If you think the methods mentioned above are inconvenient, use a streaming device or gaming console on your LG TV to stream Crunchyroll. Most streaming devices and gaming consoles are compatible with the Crunchyroll app. The compatible devices that let you watch Crunchyroll are tabulated as follows.
|Streaming Devices||Gaming Consoles|
Apple TV 3rd gen or above
Firestick / Fire TV
Chromecast with Google TV
Crunchyroll Subscription Plans
Crunchyroll comes up with three different plans, as mentioned below.
|FAN||MEGA FAN||ULTIMATE FAN|
|$7.99+taxes per month||$9.99+taxes per month||$14.99+taxes per month|
Frequently Asked Questions
The Crunchyroll app has not yet launched for LG Smart TV.
If you want an alternative to Crunchyroll, you can install Funimation on LG TV from the LG Content Store.