CBS Sports is a sports-related service where you can watch live sporting events of CBS, CBS Sports Network, and Paramount Plus on LG TV. If you have LG TV models (2018 and above) running webOS 4.0 or higher, you can install the CBS Sports app directly from the LG Content Store.
Those with older LG TVs can stream CBS Sports by visiting its official website using a built-in web browser. Otherwise, you can Cast or AirPlay to stream the CBS Sports live matches and highlights on your Smart TV.
How to Get CBS Sports on LG Smart TV
You can watch the CBS Sports content on the TV in the following ways.
- Install CBS Sports from the LG Content Store
- Stream CBS Sports Using Web Browser
- Cast CBS Sports on TV
- AirPlay CBS Sports using iPhone
How to Install CBS Sports on LG TV from Content Store
1. Switch on your LG TV and connect your LG TV to a stable WIFI network.
2. Launch the LG Content Store on your TV.
3. Tap the Search icon and enter CBS Sports in the search field.
4. Tap on the Install button to start the installation process.
5. After the installation, click Open to launch the application on your TV.
How to Activate CBS Sports on LG TV
1. Open the CBS Sports app on your TV.
2. Click on the Sign-in button with your TV service provider.
3. An activation code will be displayed on the TV screen.
4. Go to the CBS Sports activation website on your smartphone.
5. Enter the activation code on the field and enter the login credentials of the TV cable provider.
6. Once verified, your CBS Sports account will be activated and ready to access.
How to Watch CBS Sports on LG TV Using Web Browser
1. Launch a web browser on the LG Smart TV.
2. Visit the official website of CBS Sports on your browser.
3. Tap on the Login button in the top-right corner.
4. Complete the login process using your email address and password.
Choose any live sporting event on CBS Sports and watch it on a big screen.
How to Cast CBS Sports on LG TV
Many LG TVs have Chromecast built-in support. If your TV doesn’t have this feature, connect a Chromecast to the TV to perform casting.
1. Ensure that your LG TV and smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the CBS Sports app from the Play Store.
3. Launch the application and finish up the sign-in process.
4. Play any sports content on the media player.
5. Tap on the Cast icon on the top right.
6. Select your LG Smart TV Name from the list of devices.
Once connected, the CBS Sports content will start to appear on your TV.
How to AirPlay CBS Sports to LG TV
Before going ahead, you should enable AirPlay on your LG Smart TV.
1. Connect your LG TV and iPhone to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the CBS Sports app from the App Store.
3. Open the CBS Sports app on your iOS device.
4. Complete the login process using the credentials.
5. Scroll down the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
6. Choose your LG Smart TV from the list of devices.
7. If prompted, enter the AirPlay passcode to connect.
Later, you can enjoy streaming the CBS Sports matches on a big screen.
CBS Sports Not Working on LG Smart TV – DIY Fixes
If the CBS Sports app keeps lagging, freezing, or unresponsive on the TV, you can try some troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue.
- Make sure that the internet connection is stable.
- Check if there is an outage for CBS Sports by visiting the Downdetector website.
- Also, check if your TV is compatible with the CBS Sports application.
- Update the LG Smart TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Uninstall and reinstall the CBS Sports application on your TV.
- Restart your LG Smart TV to clear the temporary bugs and glitches.
- Factory reset your LG TV to bring back the initial settings on your TV.
Unfortunately, CBS Sports is unavailable in the LG Channels list. So you can install the app directly to stream the CBS Sports content.
ESPN Plus on LG TV is the best alternative where you can watch live matches, expert analysis, highlights, and more.