Want to watch CBS shows, live news, and sports on your LG Smart TV? This guide is for you. Since the CBS app is unavailable in the Content Store, you can use a built-in web browser to stream the content on your LG TV.
Those with older LG TVs can Cast or AirPlay to stream the CBS content from a smartphone. Other than that, you can use a CBS-compatible streaming device to watch the CBS shows and live TV on your Smart TV.
How to Watch CBS on LG Smart TV
You can watch the CBS content on your Smart TV using any of the methods.
- Stream CBS Using Web Browser
- Cast CBS on your TV
- AirPlay CBS on your TV
- Stream CBS using Streaming devices
How to Stream CBS on LG TV Using Web Browser
1. Launch the web browser on the LG Smart TV.
2. Visit the CBS official website on your browser.
3. Click Sign In at the top right corner and complete the sign-in process using your CBS account.
Tip: You need to sign in with your TV provider to watch live TV on LG TV.
Then you can play your favorite CBS dramas, news, and latest episodes on your TV.
Note: If you want to watch NFL live games, you can install CBS Sports on your LG Smart TV.
How to Cast CBS on LG Smart TV
1. Connect the LG TV to a WiFi network which should be the same as your phone.
2. Install the CBS app on your Android from the Play Store.
3. Launch the CBS app on your smartphone.
4. Finish up the sign-in process using the credentials.
5. Play your favorite content on the CBS media player.
6. Tap on the Cast icon on the media player.
7. Select your LG Smart TV Name from the list of devices.
Now the CBS content will be displayed on your TV.
Note: If you love watching reality TV shows, you can cast the MTV app on LG TV using the same steps.
How to AirPlay CBS on LG Smart TV
You can use the Screen Mirroring method to AirPlay the content on your LG Smart TV. Before that, connect LG TV and iOS to the same WiFi network.
1. Install the CBS app from the App Store.
2. Enable the AirPlay option on LG TV and launch the app on your iPhone.
3. Complete the login process using the credentials.
4. Scroll down the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
Start watching CBS shows on a big screen via wireless mirroring.
How to Watch CBS on LG TV Using Streaming Devices
The CBS app is also compatible with streaming devices. So, you can connect any of the following devices to the LG TV and stream the content. Also, you need to change the input on LG TV once you plug in a device.
- Fire TV Stick
- Apple TV
How to Stream CBS on LG Smart TV Without Cable
Here are some of the streaming services with which you can access CBS on your Smart TV.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV is a package that lets you stream live and on-demand content which is mostly family and kids-oriented. With Hulu on LG TV, you can enjoy streaming the expansive library of CBS content. Also, it allows users to access the local CBS station along with other TV channels.
Free Trial: No
fuboTV is a sports-related streaming service that has national and international sports channels. With a valid fuboTV subscription plan, you can watch CBS, ABC, FOX, and NBC. In addition to sports, you can watch live TV channels on news, entertainment, family, and lifestyle. With fuboTV on LG TV, you can stream all the latest episodes of CBS shows.
Free Trial: 7 days
YouTube TV is a popular service that has a comprehensive channel lineup including CBS. It also offers unlimited cloud DVR Storage for live recording. It offers a lot of news channels like ABC News, BBC News, MBC News, etc. By installing YouTube TV on LG TV, you can watch all CBS networks.
Free Trial: 60 days (may vary)
You can watch limited episodes for free without signing up on CBS. But you need to sign up with a TV provider to watch live TV channels.
CBS All Access is rebranded as Paramount+. You can install Paramount Plus on LG TV directly from the LG Content Store to watch the content.