|LG TV Compatibility
|Yes [App Store]
|Yes [Play Store]
|Web Version Support
|Price varies based on TV provider
You cannot install CBS on LG TV since the app is unavailable in the Content Store. However, you can stream CBS shows and movies using a web version if your TV has a browser. Apart from web browsing, you can use wireless protocols like Cast and AirPlay to stream CBS content. This article demonstrates the possible ways to access CBS on webOS TV.
How to Stream CBS on LG TV Using Web Browser
1. Launch the web browser on the LG Smart TV.
2. Visit the CBS official website (cbs.com) on your browser.
3. Click Sign In at the top right corner and complete the sign-in process with your TV provider credentials.
4. Once the home page appears, play the desired CBS TV episodes and watch it.
Note: If you want to watch NFL live games, you can install CBS Sports on your LG Smart TV.
How to Cast CBS on LG Smart TV
For casting CBS, check if your TV has Chromecast built-in. If yes, skip the step 1.
1. Set up a Chromecast dongle on your LG TV and switch the input to Chromecast.
2. Connect the LG TV to a WiFi network, which should be the same as your phone.
3. Get the CBS app on your phone from the Play Store.
4. Run the CBS app and sign in with the appropriate credentials.
5. Play any video and hit the Cast icon.
6. Select your LG Smart TV to stream the video.
How to AirPlay CBS on LG Smart TV
As a prerequisite, you need to turn on AirPlay on your LG TV. Within the CBS app, you can’t find the AirPlay icon. However, you can use the native screen mirroring feature on an iPhone or iPad to AirPlay videos.
1. Connect your iPhone to the same WiFi as your LG TV.
2. Get the CBS app on your phone from the App Store.
3. Run the CBS app and sign in with your TV provider account.
4. Play a movie or TV show, go to the iPhone’s Control Center, and tap Screen Mirroring.
5. Select your LG TV to watch the selected content.
Is it Possible to Stream CBS on LG TV Using a Streaming Device?
Yes. The CBS app is compatible with Firestick, Apple TV, and Roku. Plug any device into the TV’s HDMI port and connect it to WiFi. Get the CBS app on your TV-connected device from the relevant app store. Run the CBS app, click Sign In, and note the activation code. Visit the respective activation website to activate the CBS app on your TV-connected device and stream the content.
You can watch limited episodes for free without signing up on CBS. But you must sign up with a TV provider to watch live TV channels.
CBS All Access is rebranded as Paramount+. You can directly install Paramount Plus on LG TV from the LG Content Store to watch the content.
Yes. Use streaming services like Hulu + Live TV, Fubo, and YouTube TV on LG TV to watch CBS without cable.