|LG TV Compatibility
|Yes [Content Store] [2017 & higher models]
|Yes [App Store]
|Yes [Play Store]
|Web Version Support
|Starts at $8.99/month
With the BritBox app on LG TV, you can watch UK-based movies, shows, documentaries, and more. The service has interesting shows like Beyond Paradise, Sister Boniface Mysteries, Crime, and many more. Those LG TV users who want to subscribe to BritBox for the first time can try a 7-day free trial to stream the content without any fee.
In this guide, we have explained three ways to watch the BritBox content on LG Smart TVs.
How to Install BritBox App on LG TV from the Content Store.
1. Open the LG Channel Store on your LG TV.
2. Tap the Magnifier icon and search for the BritBox app.
3. Select the respective app and click Install to initiate the installation.
4. Click Launch to open the BritBox app and tap Sign In at the top right. You will get an activation code on the TV screen.
Note: If you haven’t created an account, click on sign up for BritBox and follow the on-screen prompts.
5. Visit (britbox.com/connect/lg) from a browser to activate BritBox.
6. Sign in to your BritBox account, enter the code, and click Connect.
Once verified, the TV screen will refresh, and you can play the TV show or movie you want.
How to Watch BritBox on LG TV Using Web Browser
1. Turn on your LG TV using the remote control or physical button.
3. Tap the Home key on the LG TV remote.
4. Run the Web Browser on your LG Smart TV.
5. Enter the URL (britbox.com) in the address bar and visit the website.
6. Login with your BritBox account to continue.
Further, you can search for your desired content and enjoy streaming.
How to Cast or AirPlay BritBox to LG TV
If your LG TV doesn’t have Chromecast built-in, plug a Chromecast device externally and set it up. Ensure you turn on AirPlay on LG TV if you use an iPhone for wireless streaming.
1. Get the BritBox app on your smartphone by visiting the relevant app store.
2. Run the BritBox app and sign in with your account.
3. Play any video and click the Cast icon in the player. If you use an iPhone, tap the AirPlay icon.
4. Choose your LG Smart TV to pair, and the video will play on the TV.
Open the LG Content Store and click on My Apps. Select the BritBox app from the My Apps. Click Update if there is any update available.
Yes. You can add BritBox as an add-on through Prime Video. This service is only available in the US, Canada, Sweden, and Australia.