Boosteroid is a premium cloud gaming service that allows playing PC games on any supported device. Since Boosteroid is officially supported for LG Smart TV, you can install the app right from the LG Content Store. Keep in mind, Boosteroid is compatible with webOS-based LG Smart TVs launched between 2021-2023.
With Boosteroid, you can play high-quality games at 60 fps (Full HD 1080p) on your LG TV. Thus, you don’t need to download games on TV which will make your storage full. So, you can avoid “Out of Memory” errors on your LG Smart TV.
How to Install Boosteroid on LG Smart TV
As discussed earlier, Boosteroid is only supported on a few LG TV models. So, you have to find your LG TV model first to know if you can install Boosteroid on it. If yes, you can install Boosteroid on your TV with these guidelines.
1. Connect your LG Smart TV to WiFi once you turn on your TV.
2. Click the Home button on your LG Magic Remote to go to the home screen.
3. Launch the LG Content store and click on the Search icon.
4. Search for Boosteroid and click on the app.
5. Click Install on the Boosteroid app preview page.
6. Once installed, enable the Game Mode on your LG TV.
Further, log in with your Boosteroid account and start playing games on LG TV.
Note: If you wish, you can take a screenshot on LG TV of your best gaming moments and share it with your friends.
How to Play Games on Boosteroid Using LG TV Web Browser
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV and ensure it has internet access.
2. Open a Web Browser on your LG TV.
3. Enter the URL (www.boosteroid.com) in the address bar and visit the website.
4. Create an account or log in with your existing account.
5. Further, link your Google account to Boosteroid.
Finally, you can start playing games on LG TV using Boosteroid.
Note: If you are a Steam user, you can check on the guide to watch Steam Link on LG Smart TV wirelessly using the mobile app.
Boosteroid on LG Smart TV: Supported Gamepads
Since the mouse and keyboard are unsupported, you should buy a gamepad for LG TV to play games on Boosteroid. If you are looking for an LG TV-compatible gamepad, you can buy it from our recommendations.
- Sony Dual Shock 4 Controller
- Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller
- Sony PS5 DualSense Wireless Controller
- SteelSeries Stratus+
How to Fix Boosteroid Not Working on LG Smart TV
At some point, Boosteroid may not run properly due to several reasons. As a consequence, the game may get stuck on the loading screen. Subsequently, you will get repeated errors and sometimes the game may even crash. We have some techniques to resolve such problems in a matter of time.
- Clear cookies and cache on your LG Smart TV
- Reboot your LG Smart TV to fix unknown errors.
- Disable VPN and proxies if activated on your LG Smart TV.
- Check if you have an internet speed of 15 Mbps to play games smoothly.
- Run the Boosteroid application as administrator.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Boosteroid app.
- Update the LG TV firmware to its latest version.
- Reset LG Smart TV if none of the methods work for you.
How to Subscribe to Boosteroid on LG TV
1. Visit the Boosteroid website or open the App on your installed device.
2. Click Sign in and Log in with your existing account. Else, click Create an account and follow the on-screen prompts.
3. After logging in, click on Subscribe and Play.
4. Choose a Subscription Plan and complete the Payment process.
That’s it, pick a game and play!
Alternatives to Boosteroid
These are the best cloud gaming platforms for LG Smart TV that you can use as an alternative.
No, Boosteroid is a paid gaming service. You need to subscribe to play all the purchased games by linking your account with Boosteroid.
No, Boosteriod does not offer a free trial to play games.