Want to stream Apple TV+ content on your LG TV? You should have the Apple TV app. The Apple TV app is officially available in the LG Content Store for LG Smart TVs manufactured in 2018 and later running webOS 4.0 or above.
If you have an older LG TV model, you can AirPlay Apple TV from your iPhone. This app lets you watch the latest movies, series, and documentaries. If you have subscribed to MLS Season Pass, you can stream MLS on the LG TV.
Additionally, you can add channels like BBC Select, Boomerang, Cinemax, Discovery Channel, Motor Trend, Paramount+, and Showtime to your Apple TV+ and access its VOD without any additional apps.
The Apple TV app requires a subscription of $6.99 per month after a 7-day free trial. If you buy an Apple device, you will get 3 months of free access to Apple TV+ as a compliment.
This article explains the possible ways to stream Apple TV on an LG Smart TV.
How to Watch Apple TV App on LG TV from LG Content Store
1. Connect your LG Smart TV to a strong WiFi Network once turned on.
2. Open the LG Content Store on your Smart TV and select the Apps tile.
2. Click on the Search icon at the top right corner and search for the Apple TV app.
3. Select the Apple TV app from the suggestions and hit the Install button.
4. Once installed, launch the Apple TV app and start using it.
How to Activate Apple TV App on LG Smart TV
1. Open the Apple TV app on your Smart TV and navigate to the Sign-in button.
2. The Apple TV app will offer two types of activation.
- Sign in on this TV: Use Apple ID credentials to log in to the app.
- Sign in on Mobile Device: It will display the activation code and QR Code.
3. Visit the activation website (activate.apple.com) on your smartphone/PC or scan the QR code.
4. Now, enter the activation code and click the Continue button.
5. Once done, it will automatically refresh the app on your LG TV. Start watching your favorite Apple TV content on a big screen.
How to Watch Apple TV on LG TV Using Web Browser
1. Switch on your LG TV and connect it to the internet.
2. On the app drawer, select and open the Web browser using the remote.
3. Visit the Apple TV official website (tv.apple.com) on the browser.
4. Click the Sign in button at the top right corner and log in using your Apple ID.
5. Select your favorite content and enjoy watching it on your LG TV.
How to AirPlay Apple TV App to LG TV
Before going ahead, turn on AirPlay on your LG Smart TV.
1. Connect your LG TV and iOS device to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Apple TV app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
3. Open the Apple TV app and log in with your Apple TV account credentials.
4. Select and play the video you want to watch and click the AirPlay icon.
5. From the list of available devices, choose your LG Smart TV Name.
6. Once connected, you will see the selected video on your LG TV screen.
How to Cast Apple TV to LG TV from a PC
1. Connect your Chromecast-connected LG TV and PC to the same WiFi network.
2. Open Google Chrome and go to the Apple TV+ website (tv.apple.com).
3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
4. Play a TV show or movie on the website once logged in.
5. Click the three-dots icon in the top right and click Cast.
6. Select your Chromecast-connected LG TV to connect.
7. The content will stream on the TV if you see the Casting tab.
How to Get Apple TV on Older LG Smart TV
If you can’t install the Apple TV app due to incompatibility, connect a streaming device to your Smart TV. The following devices are compatible with the Apple TV app.
- Apple TV
1. Connect and set up your device with LG TV and ensure it has stable Internet.
2. Launch the home screen of your device and navigate to the App Store.
3. Now, find the Apple TV app and download it on your connected device.
4. Once installed, launch the app on your LG TV screen and click on Start Watching.
5. Then, navigate to Settings to activate the app and watch it on the LG TV screen.
Yes, Apple TV Plus is included in all Apple One subscription plans.