Although Apple TV App on LG TV offers series, movies, and live sports, sometimes the app becomes unresponsive due to various reasons. You don’t need to worry because it can be easily fixed with simple workarounds. We recommend trying these methods on LG TV to fix the Apple TV app not working issue instantly.
The Apple TV app is only compatible with LG Smart TV models (2016 or above) running WebOS 3.0 or up. If you have purchased an MLS Season Pass, you can enjoy streaming the live sporting events of MLS on LG TV.
Why is Apple TV App Not Working on LG TV
If the Apple TV app stops working on LG TV, it is due to the following reasons.
- The Apple TV app server itself is down
- Slow and oscillating Network connection
- Apple TV subscription got over
- The device limit may have reached
- The Apple TV App crashed while launching
- Corrupted cache files on LG TV
- The Apple TV App is not updated
- Insufficient storage space on your LG TV
- Wrong location settings
- If VPN has been turned on
- Outdated LG TV firmware
How to Fix Apple TV App Not Working on LG TV
We have provided working fixes that would help you use the Apple TV app without problems.
Check Apple TV Server
If you can’t use your Apple TV app on any devices including your LG TV, the first thing you need to check is Apple Server status. If the server is under maintenance or has any other technical problems, you can’t access the Apple TV app.
There is nothing you can do to fix the issue. You need to wait until the server gets back to normal. If you want to know about the server status of Apple TV you can check it through the Downdetector website.
Restart WiFi Router
To use Apple TV without any interruption on your LG TV, you need to have a stable and strong Internet connection. If the Apple TV app is opening but you can’t able to access the content or the video is buffering on LG TV it is due to an unstable internet connection.
Disconnect all connected devices with your WiFi router and unplug it from the power cord. Wait for 5-10 minutes and restart your WiFi router. It will fix the bugs and glitches on your WiFi router. Now open and start using the Apple TV app on LG Smart TV.
Tip: For convenience, perform an internet speed test on LG TV. Make sure that it has a bandwidth of 5 Mbps for HD streaming and 25 Mbps for 4K streaming.
Check Apple TV Subscription
You may have missed your subscription or the billing process is interrupted due to technical issues. So it is necessary to check the billing status of your Apple TV subscription. If the subscription plan is expired, resubscribe to the Apple TV plan to activate your account.
To check your Apple TV subscription status, open the Apple TV app > Users and Accounts > Subscriptions > Select a subscription.
Log out of Apple ID
Since an Apple ID subscription comes with a login limit, it can be used on up to 6 devices only. If your Apple ID is already logged in on 6 devices, you need to log out of the Apple ID from any of the unused devices.
1. Switch on your iPhone and navigate Settings.
2. Click on the Apple ID that shows your Name.
3. On the next page, scroll down and you will see the list of devices.
4. Select the device and click on the Remove from Account option.
Now you can log in to your Apple TV app on LG TV using your Apple ID.
Relaunch Apple TV App
If the Apple TV app crashes while launching it on your LG TV, it may not work properly. In such a scenario, it is recommended to force close apps on LG TV to refresh the app to make it work.
To close the Apple TV app on LG TV, press the Back button twice on your LG TV remote and confirm to close the app on the prompt. After a few minutes, you can relaunch the app and use it without any interruptions.
Clear Apple TV App Cache
If you are using the Apple TV app frequently on your LG TV, there are possibilities for the app to store too many temporary files. Though cache files are useful, at some point those files may get corrupted which led the Apple TV app to not work. We suggest clearing the cache on your LG TV to get rid of this issue.
1. Press the Home button on your LG TV remote to go to the Home screen.
2. Now click on the Settings option and open System Settings.
3. Then click on the Application Manager and select the Apple TV app.
4. On the next page, hit the Clear Cache button and be done.
Update Apple TV App
Because of the outdated version, the Apple TV app may not work with your LG TV. Therefore, you should update apps on LG Smart TV to avoid such errors.
1. Switch on LG Smart TV and launch the Home screen.
2. Then click on the LG Content Store and navigate to Apps.
3. Now choose the My Apps tab and the list of installed apps will appear.
4. Select the Apple TV app and hit the Update button.
After updating, relaunch the Apple TV app on your LG TV.
Use Memory Optimizer
Apart from the Apple TV app cache, LG TV may also have cache files of other apps too. By using Memory Optimizer, you can remove those files and apps easily. Moreover, it will close all apps that are running in the background of your LG TV.
1. Press the Settings button on your LG TV remote.
2. Click on OLED Care and select Device Self Care.
3. Now choose the Memory Optimizer and hit the Start button.
Once done, you can use the Apple TV app on your LG TV without any issues including slowing down.
Check Location Settings
If you can’t find the specific content on your Apple TV app, it is because of the unsupported region on your LG TV. Update your current location if you can’t able to access the Apple TV app.
1. Go to the Settings menu and select the All Settings option.
2. Navigate to the General tab and choose Location.
3. On the next page, enter your correct Zip Code.
4. Then go back and select Time & Date.
5. Select Auto and the region settings will be updated.
Now you can launch the Apple TV app again on your LG TV to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Update LG TV Firmware
Auto-update feature on LG TV will update the firmware whenever new updates are released. If you haven’t enabled the auto-update, probably you may miss updating the firmware on your LG TV. Outdated software often works on your LG TV but it is important to have a recent firmware to fix bugs and get new features.
1. Open the Settings menu on your LG TV and navigate to All Settings.
2. Go to the Support section and select Software Updates.
3. To move further, click on the Check for Updates button.
4. If any update is available, hit the Download and Install button.
5. After the installation, restart your LG TV.
Factory Reset LG TV
When none of the above fixes work for you, you can finally reset your LG TV. It is the best way to rectify all malfunctions and incorrect settings on your LG TV.
Remember that, after resetting you will lose all customized settings and installed apps including the Apple TV app on your LG TV. However, you can reinstall the Apple TV app back again from the LG Content Store.
1. Switch on your LG TV and press the Settings button on your LG TV remote.
2. Go to All Settings and select the Support or General option.
3. Scroll down and click on the Reset to Initial Settings button.
Contact Customer Support
If the Apple TV app is not working on LG TV after so many tries, you will need technical assistance to fix the issue. For this, contact Apple TV support to find out if the issue is with the Apple TV app or account.
Still, if the problem persists, you need to contact LG TV customer support via chat, mail, or social media, or call them and report the issue. They will guide you with easy troubleshooting techniques to fix the issue.
Press and hold the Back button for a few seconds to close the Apple TV app. After a few minutes, relaunch the Apple TV app on your LG TV.
You can add streaming devices to LG TV in order to get the Apple TV app on your LG TV older models.