Want to listen to 100 million songs and 10 million podcasts ad-free? Amazon Music is the best app for LG TV. This app is available on LG Content Store for LG Smart TVs (2016 and above) running webOS 3.0 or higher.
If you have an older LG TV model, you can directly visit the Amazon Music website on a web browser to stream songs online.
Besides that, you Cast or AirPlay Amazon Music to LG TV from an Android or iOS device. If you have an LG non-smart TV with an HDMI port, you can still listen to Amazon Music by connecting a Firestick, Apple TV, and Roku.
How to Get Amazon Music on LG Smart TV
Here are the two direct ways to listen to Amazon Music on a Smart TV.
How to Install Amazon Music on LG TV
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV using the LG Magic remote.
2. Connect your LG Smart TV to a WiFi network.
3. Open the LG Content Store from the Home menu.
4. Search for Amazon Music, select the app, and click Install.
5. Once installed, launch the app on your TV and move to the Home screen for easy navigation later.
The process does not end here, you must activate the app on your TV to stream music & podcasts.
How to Activate Amazon Music on LG TV
1. Launch the Amazon Music app on your TV.
2. A code will be displayed on your TV screen, note that.
3. On a phone or PC web browser, go to amazon.com/code.
4. Sign in to your Amazon account and enter the code.
5. Within a few seconds, you will get notified on the TV screen.
That’s it. Start streaming songs & podcasts on your LG TV.
How to Stream Amazon Music on LG TV Using Web Browser
1. Turn on and connect your LG TV to a WiFi network.
2. Go to the Amazon Music website on your LG TV web browser.
3. Sign in to your Amazon account that has an active plan to continue.
4. Once you have logged in, play your favorite songs & podcasts on your TV.
Alternative Ways to Stream Amazon Music on LG TV
Other possible methods to stream Amazon Music are listed as follows,
How to Cast Amazon Music to LG TV
If your LG TV has Chromecast built-in, you can continue with the steps. Else, plug in a Chromecast to your LG TV for casting.
1. Connect your Android device and the LG TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Amazon Music app on your Android from the Play Store.
3. Launch the app and Sign in with your Amazon account.
4. Play your favorite and tap on the Chromecast icon.
5. Choose your LG TV name from the devices list.
Once connected, you can stream songs on your big screen.
How to AirPlay Amazon Music to LG TV
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV without the remote using the TV power button.
2. Connect your iOS device and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Install the Amazon Music app on your iOS device from the App Store.
4. Launch the app and Sign in with your Amazon account credentials.
5. Play your favorite song or podcast.
6. Tap the AirPlay icon and select your LG TV.
Wait for a few seconds for the devices to get paired and start streaming.
How to Stream Amazon Music on LG TV Using Streaming Device
Amazon Music is compatible with the following streaming devices as well. So, if you own one, connect it to an LG TV and listen to songs using the app.
- Apple TV
1. Turn on your LG TV and plug a device into the TV’s HDMI port.
2. Connect your streaming device to a WiFi network.
3. Install the Amazon Music app on your device from the respective App Store or Channel Store.
4. Launch the Amazon Music app on your device.
5. Note down the 5-digit code that displays on your TV.
6. Open the web browser on your phone/PC and visit amazon.com/code.
7. Sign in with your Amazon account and enter the code.
Now, you can stream Amazon Music on your TV.
Amazon Music Subscription Plans
Amazon Music also has a free plan with which you can stream stations and playlists with ad interruptions. To get ad-free access, subscribe to Amazon Prime membership to get Amazon Music without any additional cost.
If required, you can subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited to listen to songs in Dolby Atmos and 360 Reality Audio.
|Amazon Music Unlimited Individual||$9.99 – $10.99/month|
|Amazon Music Unlimited Student||$4.99 – $5.99/month|
|Amazon Music Unlimited Family||$15.99/month|
|Amazon Prime Individual||$14.99/month|
|Amazon Prime Student||$7.49/month|
Amazon Music Unlimited lets you listen to songs in HD, Ultra HD, and Spatial Audio. It also supports offline listening. But with Amazon Music Prime, you won’t get these features.
Yes, Prime members can join Amazon Music Unlimited for just $8.99/mo and $89/year whereas non-Prime members should pay $10.99/mo.
Yes, you can stream Amazon Music on six devices at the same time only with the Amazon Music Unlimited Family plan.