Alexa is the world’s most popular digital assistant owned by Amazon. You can use your voice commands to access the functions from the device connected to Alexa. Certainly, you can get Alexa only on select LG TV models. So, there are chances that you cannot find Alexa on all LG TV models.
How to Find if Alexa Works on LG Smart TV
If your TV is compatible with Alexa, you can get the Alexa button on your LG Magic remote. By pressing the Alexa button on your Magic remote, you can command Alexa to do certain digital features on your TV. So, if there is no Alexa button on the LG remote, then you cannot control the TV over voice.
How to Setup Alexa on LG Smart TV
For Alexa to work on the LG Smart TV, you should set up the feature first.
(1) Turn on your LG TV and connect your TV to a strong WiFi network.
(2) Go to the home screen of your TV and launch the Alexa app from the list of installed apps.
(3) Click the Get Started option from the home screen of the Alexa app.
(4) Now, you will receive a QR code and activation code on your TV.
(5) Scan the code on your mobile or visit the activation website of Alexa amazon.com/us/code.
(6) Enter the six-digit code displayed on your TV and sign into your Amazon account.
(7) Click the Allow button on your mobile to set up Alexa on your LG TV.
(8) Now, you have successfully completed the process of setting up Alexa on your LG TV.
How to Use Alexa on LG TV Via LG ThinQ App
If your TV is running on webOS 5.0, you should set up the LG ThinQ app on your mobile before setting the Alexa on your LG Smart TV.
Caution: If your TV is running on webOS 4.0, 4.5, and 6.0, you can launch the Alexa app on your TV to use Alexa. So, you shall skip to the steps to connect your Alexa and TV directly.
1. Download the LG ThinQ app from Play Store and App Store on your device and launch the app.
2. Launch the LG ThinQ app and sign in with your account. Ensure to connect your mobile and TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Now, click on the Plus (+) icon on the home screen of the app.
4. You can see three different options such as Scan QR, Search Nearby, and Select Manually.
5. Select Manually and choose the TV option.
6. Now, the ThinQ app will scan for your LG TV. Click on the name of your LG TV from the nearby devices.
7. You can see an eight-digit code appearing on your TV.
8. Note it down and enter the code on the LG ThinQ app.
9. Finally, hit the Link option and click the Go to Home button.
10. Now, you have successfully paired your TV with the LG ThinQ app.
How to Connect Amazon Alexa App to LG Smart TV
1. Firstly, you should download the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone.
2. Sign into the app using your Amazon Account.
3. Select the Devices option at the bottom.
4. Click on the Plus icon and choose the option Add a Device from the popup menu.
5. Scroll down and select the TV option.
6. Choose LG and click on Next.
7. Select Enable to Use and sign in with your LG account.
8. Click the Agree button and select the Close option.
9. Now, tap on Discover Devices, and Alexa will search for your LG TV.
10. Finally, you will receive a notification saying that the TV has been connected via LG ThinQ Skill.
11. Select the All Devices option from the home screen of the Alexa app.
12. Choose your TV from the list of devices and start controlling your TV with Alexa on your mobile or with the Alexa speaker.
How to Enable Skill on LG Smart TV
1. Launch the Alexa App and choose Skills from the Menu bar.
2. Now, look for LG ThinQ.
3. Choose LG ThinQ – Basic or LG ThinQ – Complete.
4. Select Enable and sign in with your LG account.
5. Get back to Basic and choose Add Devices under the Devices tab.
6. Now, command as Alexa, Discover Devices.
7. Once the device is discovered, you shall control the LG TV over voice commands.
Primary Features of Alexa on LG Smart TV
Upon settings up Alexa, the users can take control of the following features over voice command.
- Change the channel hand free
- Increase or decrease the volume
- Mute or unmute the TV
- Turn your LG TV on or off
- Launch your favorite apps over voice
LG TV Alexa Commands
|Power On||Alexa, ask LG to turn on TV or Alexa LG to turn TV on|
|Power Off||Alexa, ask LG to turn off TV or Alexa LG to turn TV off|
|Control Volume||Alexa, ask LG to volume up TV or Alexa, ask LG to set volume to [volume number] on TV|
|Mute Volume||Alexa, ask LG to mute TV|
|Change Input Source||Alexa, ask LG to change channel to [Channel Number] on TV|
Alexa, ask LG to change channel to [channel name] on TV
|App Navigation||Alexa, ask LG to launch [App Name] on TV|
Alexa, ask LG to launch Web Browser on TV
|Search for Content||Alexa, ask LG to search [Title] on TV|
Alexa, ask LG to search videos with [Actor name] on TV
Alexa, ask LG to search [Media Files] on TV
Alexa, ask LG to show recommended videos on TV
Alexa Not Connecting to LG TV – Fixes
- If you are controlling Alexa over mobile, ensure to your TV and mobile to the same WiFi connection.
- Make sure that you have activated the device using the code.
- Check whether you have used the same LG account on both devices.
- Order your command clearly to Alexa.
- Check the batteries on your LG Magic remote.
Compatible LG TV WebOS
If you have the below-mentioned version of webOS, you can easily access Alexa on your TV.
- WebOS 4.0
- WebOS 4.5
- WebOS 5.0
- WebOS 6.0
No. LG doesn’t have the Alexa app on WebOS 6.0. Instead, you can use it with the ThinQ Skill.
You need not turn off Alexa manually. Rather, you shall not use the skills to control the TV.
Leave a Comment