Sometimes, you may find AirPlay not working on your LG Smart TV. This issue is common for LG OLED, QLED, and QNED TV users worldwide. However, there is nothing to worry about. You can solve such problems by restarting the TV and updating the TV firmware and app to the latest version. If the basic techniques don’t solve the issue, try the advanced DIY fixes to make AirPlay run smoothly.
Reasons for AirPlay Not Working on LG Smart TV
- Unstable internet connectivity
- The distance between the Apple device and the LG TV is long
- Outdated LG TV firmware or the older version of the app
- If Quick Start+ is enabled on the LG Smart TV
- Because of an issue with a WiFi router
- Due to a Firewall protection
DIY Fixes For AirPlay Not Working on LG TV
Usually, AirPlay won’t respond or work properly if there is any technical error. For your convenience, I have listed workarounds based on three problems.
- AirPlay Incompatible LG TV
- AirPlay Not Connecting
- AirPlay is Disabled on LG Smart TV
AirPlay Incompatible LG TV
If you use an incompatible LG Smart TV, you can’t AirPlay media on LG TV from your iPhone or Mac. To fix it, check the TV compatibility and update the LG TV firmware if it is outdated.
Check the LG TV Compatibility
Before the advanced steps, you must check whether your LG TV is compatible with AirPlay. The LG TVs released in 2018 or later are equipped with the AirPlay feature. If your TV is incompatible with AirPlay, you cannot share any media from your iOS or Mac.
The following are the LG TVs that are compatible with AirPlay.
|OLED: All OLED Models
QNED: All QNED Models
UHD: UQ series, NANO Series
|QNED: All QNED Models
OLED: All OLED Models
UHD: UP series, NANO Series
|OLED: BX/ CX/ GX/ WX/ ZX/ RX
UHD: UN Series, NANO Series
|UHD: UM Series, SM Series
OLED: B9/ C9/ E9/ W9/Z9
|OLED: B8/ C8/ E8/ W8/ Z8
UHD: UK Series, SK Series
Update the LG TV
If you use the older version of firmware, you might face these errors. So, make sure to update your LG TV to the latest version.
- On your LG TV remote, tap the Settings (Gear) button to open the Settings menu.
- From the Settings menu, select All Settings.
- Select General and hit the About This TV option.
- Hit the Check for Updates option and turn On the Allow Automatic Updates toggle.
- Now, the LG TV will get updated to the new version whenever a new update is available.
AirPlay Not Connecting
The primary reason for this problem is an improper WiFi connection. You will face this issue if your LG TV and iPhone are connected to different WiFi. To resolve it, refer to the steps below.
Check the Internet Connectivity
The AirPlay feature will work only if your iPhone and LG TV are connected to the same WiFi. Go to the Network settings and ensure the devices are on the same network. Also, ensure the WiFi connection is strong and stable. If the WiFi is not working on the LG Smart TV, restart your router or use a different network.
Note: To get sufficient internet speed, connect your LG TV to a wired internet connection using a high-speed LAN cable.
Disable Quick Start+
Because of some settings, you may be unable to AirPlay to an LG OLED TV. You should turn off the Quick Start+ setting to make it run.
- Go to Settings on your LG TV and click General.
- Select Devices and choose TV Management.
- Search for Quick Start+ and make it OFF.
Restart your LG TV
When you restart your LG TV, all the minor and temporary issues will be cleared immediately.
- Turn Off your LG TV and unplug the cable wires from the power socket.
- Wait for a few minutes and plug the cable wires back.
- Now, power on the LG TV and see if the Airplay is working or not.
Like restarting the LG TV, also make sure to restart or reboot the Apple device (iPhone, iPad, or Mac).
Reset Network Connection
If there are any internal glitches or bugs on your device, resetting will help you remove them. If you’re using the router, unplug the cable from the power supply, wait 2-3 minutes, and connect it back to the power supply.
To reset network settings on iPhone/iPad,
Go to the Settings app → Select General → Choose Transfer or Reset → Click Reset → Tap Reset Network Settings to reset the network connection.
Once done, check whether the Airplay is working or not.
Update your Apple Device
After updating the LG TV, you must update your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to the latest version. To update your iPhone, refer to the steps below.
- Navigate to Settings and select the General option. Then, tap About.
- Choose Software Updates and see if any update is available or not.
- You can also enable the Automatic Update toggle to update the device automatically.
Turn Off the Firewall
Usually, a Firewall will help protect the computer from unauthorized access. However, it may restrict connecting the Mac to other devices. So, if you’ve enabled the Firewall on your Mac, turn it Off.
- On your Mac, navigate to System Preferences and select the Security and Privacy option.
- From the menu, choose Security and Privacy.
- Select Firewall and click on the Turn Off Firewall option.
AirPlay is Disabled on LG Smart TV
If the AirPlay option is not enabled on LG TV, you can’t share media to your TV from your iPhone or Mac. Make sure you turn on AirPlay on LG TV.
- On your LG remote, press the Home button.
- Go to the Home dashboard and select the AirPlay option
- Click AirPlay HomeKit Settings and turn On the AirPlay option.
Remove the Previously Paired Devices
Another best way to fix the AirPlay icon not showing on LG TV is to remove the previously paired devices from the LG TV. Since LG TV can pair only one device at a time, pairing the new device might make the AirPlay unresponsive. You can even remove the data of the previously paired device. Go to AirPlay HomeKit Settings and select the Required Code option. Then, choose Reset Paired Devices to clear the data.
Factory Reset LG Smart TV
If none of the above ways help you fix the Airplay not working issue, you can reset the LG Smart TV. But you must remember that the factory reset will remove or delete all the data and information stored on your LG TV.
- On your LG TV Remote, press the Gear (Settings) button.
- From the menu, select All Settings.
- Choose General and click Reset to Initial settings. Then, confirm the Reset.
If you don’t have the LG TV remote, use the LG ThinQ app to reset your LG TV without using a remote control.
If your TV is incompatible with AirPlay, it will not work on your LG TV. So, make sure your TV is AirPlay 2-enabled.
Yes. You can screen mirror an iPhone to an LG TV. You must enable the AirPlay option on your LG Smart TV.
It is because of poor WiFi signals, VPN connection, distance between two devices, software errors, etc.