LG TV offers a lot of amazing features, and one among them is AirPlay. Using the AirPlay feature, iOS and Mac users can easily share the content from their iPhone, iPad, or Mac devices to LG TVs. Sometimes the users can hear only sound but no picture while screen sharing the content using the AirPlay feature. In addition to this, there are several problems faced during the AirPlay. The primary reason behind this issue is an improper or unstable WiFi connection. If the AirPlay is not working on your LG Smart TV, follow the basic troubleshooting solutions listed in this guide.
9 Ways to Fix AirPlay Not Working on LG TV
Usually, AirPlay won’t respond or work properly if there is any technical error. Here are the common reasons for AirPlay not working on LG TVs.
AirPlay Incompatible LG TV
If you use an incompatible LG Smart TV, you can’t AirPlay media on LG TV from your iOS or Mac device. To fix it, check the TV compatibility and update the LG TV firmware if it is outdated.
Check the LG TV Compatibility
Before getting into the advanced steps, you need to check whether your LG TV is compatible with AirPlay or not. The LG TVs released in 2018 or later are equipped with the AirPlay feature. If your TV is incompatible with AirPlay, then you cannot share any media from your iOS or Mac.
The following are the LG TVs that are compatible with AirPlay.
|webOS VERSION||MODEL SERIES|
|22||OLED: All OLED Models|
QNED: All QNED Models
UHD: UQ series, NANO Series
|6.0||QNED: All QNED Models|
OLED: All OLED Models
UHD: UP series, NANO Series
|5.0||OLED: BX/ CX/ GX/ WX/ ZX/ RX|
UHD: UN Series, NANO Series
|4.5||UHD: UM Series, SM Series|
OLED: B9/ C9/ E9/ W9/Z9
|4.0||OLED: B8/ C8/ E8/ W8/ Z8|
UHD: UK Series, SK Series
Update the LG TV
If you are using the older version firmware, then you might probably face these errors. So, make sure to update your LG TV to the latest version.
- On your LG TV remote, tap the Settings (Gear) button to open the Settings menu.
- From the Settings menu, select All Settings.
- Next, select General followed by the About This TV option.
- Hit the Check for Updates option and turn On the Allow Automatic Updates toggle.
- Now, the LG TV will get updated to the new version whenever a new update is available.
AirPlay Not Connecting
The primary reason for this problem is an improper WiFi connection. If your LG TV and iOS device are connected to different WiFi, you will face this issue. To resolve it, refer to the steps below.
Check the Internet Connectivity
The AirPlay feature will work properly only if both iOS and LG TVs are connected to the same WiFi connection. Go to the Network settings and ensure that the devices are in the same network. Also, ensure the WiFi connection is strong and stable. If the WiFi on LG Smart TV is not working, restart your WiFi router or try using a different network.
Restart your LG TV
When you restart your LG TV, all the minor and temporary issues will be cleared immediately.
- Turn Off your LG TV and unplug the cable wires from the power socket.
- Wait for a few minutes and plug the cable wires back.
- Now, power on the LG TV and see if the Airplay is working or not.
Like restarting the LG TV, also make sure to restart or reboot the Apple device (iPhone, iPad, or Mac).
Reset Network Connection
If there are any internal glitches or bugs on your device, resetting will help you in removing them. If you’re using the router, unplug the cable from the power supply and wait for 2-3 minutes and connect it back to the power supply.
To reset network settings on iPhone/iPad,
Go to the Settings app → Select General → Choose Transfer or Reset → Click Reset → Tap Reset Network Settings to reset the network connection.
Once done, check whether the Airplay is working or not.
Update the iOS Device
Like updating the LG TV, you need to update your iOS or Mac device to the latest version. To update the iOS device, refer to the steps below.
- Navigate to Settings and select the General option. Then, tap About.
- Choose Software Updates and see if there is any update is available or not.
- You can also enable the Automatic Update toggle, which makes the device update automatically.
Turn Off the Firewall
Usually, a Firewall will help in protecting the computer from unauthorized access. However, it may restrict connecting the Mac to other devices. So, if you’ve enabled the Firewall on your Mac, turn it Off.
- On your Mac, navigate to System Preferences and select the Security and Privacy option.
- From the menu, choose Security and Privacy.
- Select Firewall and click on the Turn Off Firewall option.
AirPlay is Disabled on LG Smart TV
If the AirPlay option is not enabled on LG TV, you can’t share media to your TV from your iOS or Mac. So, ensure that the AirPlay is turned On. To turn On the AirPlay option on LG TV,
Enable AirPlay on LG TV
- On your LG remote, press the Home button.
- Go to the Home dashboard and select the AirPlay option
- Click AirPlay HomeKit Settings and turn On the AirPlay option.
Remove the Previously Paired Devices
Another best way to fix the AirPlay icon not showing on LG TV is to remove the previously paired devices from the LG TV. Since LG TV can pair only one device at a time, pairing the new device might make the AirPlay unresponsive. You can even remove the data of the previously paired device. Go to AirPlay HomeKit Settings and select the Required Code option. Then, choose Reset Paired Devices to clear the data.
Factory Reset LG Smart TV
If none of the above ways help you in fixing the Airplay not working issue, then the last option is factory resetting the LG Smart TV. But you need to remember that the factory reset will remove or delete all the data and information stored on your LG TV.
- On your LG TV Remote, press the Gear (Settings) button.
- From the menu, select All Settings.
- Choose General and click Reset to Initial settings. Then, confirm the Reset.
If you don’t have the LG TV remote, use the LG ThinQ app to reset your LG TV without using a remote control.
If your TV is incompatible with the Airplay feature, then Airplay will not work on your LG TV. So, make sure your TV is compatible with AirPlay.
Yes. You can screen mirror iPhone to LG TV. To do that, you need to enable the AirPlay option on your LG Smart TV.
Leave a Comment